Advice please.

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Advice please.

#31 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
"Good call", but after the Gun trader debacle, I think that the criminality faculty know everything they need too.
The shooting sports fraternity is under pressures from all sides, I just think that its important that we weed out these so called gun smiths/dealers that tend to hurt the sport from within, there must be means to do it covertly if required, or do we just let them continue to act like ar--holes without being brought to task.
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#32 Post by Pete »

Here's a relevant question:

How many shooters insist on a signed receipt, detailing the work to be done, when handing over a firearm to a gunsmith/gunplumber for a repair/rebarrel or whatever?

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
bnz41

#33 Post by bnz41 »

Hi Pete,

We Did and look where that got us no where.
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#34 Post by Dark Skies »

Pete wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2023 1:15 pm Here's a relevant question:

How many shooters insist on a signed receipt, detailing the work to be done, when handing over a firearm to a gunsmith/gunplumber for a repair/rebarrel or whatever?

Pete
To be honest, I've never had to - it's all been done automatically without my having to ask. But If not forthcoming, I'd certainly not leave the premises without one.
But then, I do that with everything. Indeed, it's one of the reasons I insist on email over phone discussions / quotes etc for pretty much all my interactions with businesses -written proof over deniable phone conversations.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
Pete

#35 Post by Pete »

I tried an email over a phone discussion with my GP......all I got was an email asking me not to email them and telling me to ring them during surgery hours........maybe I'll start recording my calls.

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....