Having 2 clubs shooting different disciplines

New to the sport? Or just not sussed something out yet? Please ask your questions in here, there are many experienced shooters on the forum and someone will for sure come along and answer your question. This is a section for new shooters so if anyone can think of something please submit it.

Moderator: dromia

Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Having 2 clubs shooting different disciplines

#11 Post by Pippin89 »

Thanks for all the replies. Still nothing from the FEO so I will wait until the new year to get her reply and then apply for it. Sounds like it should be fine to do it the way I intended though.
John Gunn
Home club or Range: Bisley

#12 Post by John Gunn »

When completing your Variation form you will be asked for good reason.
The good reason is to shoot at the club which is certified for the calibre you require.
You may be asked to prove that you are a member of that club...
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

As others have said, it varies on 'interpretation' by each FLD.

With mine when I applied for additional/different types of shooting that isn't catered for by my main club, I just gave them the details of the other clubs and all they did was ring the club secretary and check I was a full member and nothing else was needed. :good:
DVC
Pippin89
Home club or Range: Chichester Rifle and Pistol Club

#14 Post by Pippin89 »

John Gunn wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:27 am When completing your Variation form you will be asked for good reason.
The good reason is to shoot at the club which is certified for the calibre you require.
You may be asked to prove that you are a member of that club...
Nearly a year old this thread, but yes, as I was a member of the second club there were no issues in approving variations for other firearms. My only real concern was whether it was the primary club that covered what they would allow or any clubs. As it turns out it is any clubs of which you are a member so no drama at all.