SIG P210-8

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Jersey
Home club or Range: Crabbe - Jersey

SIG P210-8

#1 Post by Jersey »

Here's one of the last Swiss SIG P210's.
It has the button mag release rather than the more often encountered heal release. P210-8 - Possibly one of only 250 in this configuration.
Heavy frame with factory LPA rear sight, I've just returned to handloading for it. Very accurate and reliable pistol to shoot.
Perhaps others may have opinions on the SIG P210?
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

Re: SIG P210-8

#2 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Will the proposed lead ban UK effect you in Jersey ?
Jersey

#3 Post by Jersey »

Mauserbill wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:07 pm Hello
Will the proposed lead ban UK effect you in Jersey ?
It's likely the sporting clay enthusiasts and muzzle loaders etc will be impacted if the Bill is adopted in the Islands.
I wasn't aware of the proposed Bill until I joined the forum.
BooBoo
Home club or Range: Various

#4 Post by BooBoo »

Correct me if I’m wrong but the latest release only mentions shot, with bullets and indoor ranges unaffected / outdoor ranges subject to lead recovery as per NRA guidance.

The latter is subject to the next round of consultation of course. It could all change yet.

BooBoo
Pete
Past Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#5 Post by Pete »

I lusted after one of these, back in the day, but it was way above my pay grade............

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
waterford103
Site Supporter Since 2018
Home club or Range: Aberdeen FBGC

#6 Post by waterford103 »

Outstanding pistol , I had a 210 - 2 and latterly a 210 - 6 , both Swiss made .I understand the USA made ones have the mag button .
"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
Adolph Hitler – 1933
Jersey

#7 Post by Jersey »

waterford103 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:37 am Outstanding pistol , I had a 210 - 2 and latterly a 210 - 6 , both Swiss made .I understand the USA made ones have the mag button .
You're right the USA SIG-Sauer made pistols have the thumb magazine release. The final Swiss version being the P210-8.
I've a P-210-6 like you too. I'd agree they make for an outstanding pistol.
Usually and innovatively, the slide rails run inside the frame rather than outside. I read SIG found this prevented the slide from loosening over time and provided far more consistent grouping. I've yet to confirm this last point...
Here's the P210-6 with the conventional heel release. The rear sight provides a clear point of aim.
Jersey

#8 Post by Jersey »

Pete wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 6:49 am I lusted after one of these, back in the day, but it was way above my pay grade............

Pete
There are many Firearms I lust over too - I'd end up with empty pockets in no time.
rufrdr

#9 Post by rufrdr »

Nice 210! My U.S. built 210 has such the nice trigger that I can only shoot it on a trip to the range. Every other handgun feels like the safety is still on once I've shot the 210. Super accurate, very smooth functioning. I had to pay a lot to own it but it will stay with me until I can't shoot anymore.

"Everybody dies...the thing is, to die well"

Jack Harper
Jersey

#10 Post by Jersey »

That's a great Sig Sauer you have. That beavertail would save many a 'kiss' I get from mine if not careful.