Scope on a Win 94?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

drone

Re: Scope on a Win 94?

#11 Post by drone »

Got the mount, scope and gun connected up after a hiccup, sighted it in and I can shoot average 3 shot groups with it now. Because it adds just over a pound to the mass of the firearm, perceived recoil is much more tolerable.
94 scope.jpg
Looks like the dogs dinner but the "normal" iron sights are there as a back up. In the end I bought another 1x4 with illuminated reticle, just a cheapo one that had reasonable reviews as the zeiss has a 30mm tube and the weaver fittings are for 1" tues.
Site Supporter Since 2015

#12 Post by 1066 »

How are you finding the ejection with the scope fitted, I find that I have the odd problem if I try to rack it too quickly for any speed shooting. I regularly use my 94AE .357 Legacy for a local league competition, 20yds standing, any sights on PL12 targets. Shooting a low load of Unique with a 158gn soft home cast bullet it shoots very well.
ImageImage
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
drone

#13 Post by drone »

Ejection OK, performing better now I've used threadlock and the correct torque on the screws. I quite like it.
Biggest issue is that the scope has to be rotated through 90 degrees so the turret is out of the way of the cases as they go into orbit. Net result is the vertical crosshair, which has a Christmas tree below the centre, is now on the right. It's ok though as I haven't got a clue what the graduations are, I just have it printing about 2" high at 100 yds then it's all downhill, so to speak, from there.
It's a win 30/30 btw. It really likes sierra 150 grn flatpoints and 185 grn cast.
One thing I find helpful is that at dusk, with the scope set on 1x power and the reticle illuminated at the minimum setting on green it is very clear and dead easy to centre on one's chosen target.
Roll on the munties, if I get the opportunity, this year all my spare cash is going toward a trip to Central Europe for driven boar as an 80th birthday present to myself.
drone

#14 Post by drone »

As a matter of interest I managed to get a set of Talley once piece rings for my pig gun,Browning 308 BLR, these have replaced a pic rail and weaver rings and have dropped the scope by more that 10mm. I had low rings on previously and these new low rings allow me to aim with my cheek on the stock which is a good thing.
There's an image hereabout that shows how neatly these rings fit.
talley fitted.jpg