Selling advice - All together, or break it up?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Sonofsammo

Selling advice - All together, or break it up?

#1 Post by Sonofsammo »

helpsign
I'm looking at selling a rifle and am wondering what the best way to sell it is.
Is it better to list it as a package, even though the price will be a lot higher, therefore potentially limiting buyers?
Or is it better to split it up into Scope / Rings / Bipod / Rifle? Where I may end up in a position of selling the scope rings and bipod and still be left with the rifle?
I have no idea what the market is like for a TRG 22. I know it's a lovely rifle that I adore (it was my first acquisition as a new FAC holder a couple of years ago). However, I also know that I don't get to shoot it beyond 100m and I'm getting more into PR22/NRL22 shooting, so need to sell so I have funds for other things...
Appropriate advice most welcome.
thankssign
Gun Pimp
Home club or Range: Diggle

Re: Selling advice - All together, or break it up?

#2 Post by Gun Pimp »

Offer rifle on its own for lowest price you can afford. Difficult to move s/h at the moment.
Blackstuff
Site Supporter Since 2015

#3 Post by Blackstuff »

A total package not only limits your prospective market on cost, but also on the combination of the the items. You effectively have to find someone who wants the same overall set up as you. Selling as a package is more convenient for you but generally you need to sell at a lesser price than the total you'd get for the individual items. But selling broken up as you say, could potentially leave you with one item or more that doesn't sell.

Not the best month(s) to sell either as everyone will be renewing memberships etc and potentially saving money for the National Shooting Show in May, but if you're not in a hurry then no harm in listing it. MAke sure you sell it in the appropriate place as well, i.e. don't try to sell a target rifle on a pest control site or vice versa.

Good luck with the sale :good:
DVC
Sonofsammo

#4 Post by Sonofsammo »

thankssign for the advice.
By the sounds of things, separate is the way to go.
Where's the best place to sell accessories like scopes and bipods?
TIA :D