Forum

Noteworthy forum events and somewhere to post details of shoots and events for your local and national clubs. PLEASE SEE POST ABOUT GDPR.

Moderator: dromia

gashtyke

Re: Forum

#61 Post by gashtyke »

Donation sent
AL8

#62 Post by AL8 »

As has been said before, I do not shoot as much as I used to so I don't post as much.
Shame for the forum to fold
20series
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#63 Post by 20series »

Donation sent, cheers Alan
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Mauserbill
Home club or Range: Range

#64 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
Donation sent
bradaz11
Home club or Range: The tunnel at Charmouth, BWSS

#65 Post by bradaz11 »

paid. you'd like the think if there were 25 of us popping in £20 it would be covered.
When guns are outlawed, only Outlaws will have guns
Dellboy
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#66 Post by Dellboy »

DONATION SENT
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.

redcat
Home club or Range: Teesdale P&R Club.

#67 Post by redcat »

dromia wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:14 pm Basically there are not enough members supporting the site .........................../quote]

Good post, Adam. I have to admit to being guilty of letting subscriptions lapse. It's one of those "I'll do it tomorrow" things and, as we all know, tomorrow never comes. Just a thought, but is there a way an annual subscription could be paid by direct debit or standing order? I doubt if anyone would miss a fiver a year, if that would cover the costs.

Redcat
If you think you are a person of some importance, try ordering someone else's dog around.
Christel
Site Admin

#68 Post by Christel »

We now got £418 - 2 days to go.
PeterN

#69 Post by PeterN »

I have sent a donation if it helps. I would be sad to see the forum close. If you do close the forum you can keep the donation or give to a charity of your choice.
Some shooting forums have closed over the years. The US forum Parallax Bill was big in its day and now gone. I started out on Gun and Knife forum twenty some years ago. That forum closed when the owner died. It ran on autopilot for a while afterwards but then closed. A US forum I check in to is Milsurpafterhours. That now has very few gun related posts and only a handful of people still post anything, mainly political comment, jokes cartoons and the site owners film camera collection and photos. Dromia was a big cheese on that site long ago. I lurk on the Stalking Directory and Pigeon Watch sometimes but I am not registered to post on those. I occasionally post on Gunboards, but not much and only check in now and again.
If you get very close to your target, let us know and I am sure some of us would pop a few extra quid your way to get there.
Regards
Peter.
WelshShooter

#70 Post by WelshShooter »

Donation sent :)

Sadly, I don't shoot pr post as much as I used to but it would be such a shame to see this site close. The amount of knowledge documented here, and the fact that you can get fairly quick responses to questions would be missed.

I'll contribute to the forum either way, hopefully you are almost at your target.