Firearm (section 1) importation from Germany

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
dirtbag

Firearm (section 1) importation from Germany

#1 Post by dirtbag »

Hi all,
Looking at some tasty firearms in Europe. Issue is importation to UK.

I have a slot for the wanted gun on ticket, but out of touch with who can do it these days.
Are there any recommendations for people to use please ?
Appreciate that it will cost (a lot) , but this may be worthwhile to get the gun I want

Thanks !
Pinguino
Home club or Range: Bisley

Re: Firearm (section 1) importation from Germany

#2 Post by Pinguino »

You might try Simon at Highwood Classic Arms - he imports firearms from all over, but no sure he does this as a service. BTW I hope it's not a 'soviet' firearm, because even if this is in Germany at present, you can't move them around ......
dirtbag

#3 Post by dirtbag »

Thanks will try Simon! No i have plenty of Ruskie guns, but thanks for the heads up
Blighty

#4 Post by Blighty »

Simon uses the same guy who imported the Mosin from the US for us a few years ago. Remember how much that cost?
dirtbag

#5 Post by dirtbag »

Blighty wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:17 pm Simon uses the same guy who imported the Mosin from the US for us a few years ago. Remember how much that cost?
Never knew that (cheers mate !)
Dark Skies
Home club or Range: NRA

#6 Post by Dark Skies »

dirtbag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 pm Hi all,

I have a slot for the wanted gun on ticket, but out of touch with who can do it these days.
Appreciate that it will cost (a lot) , but this may be worthwhile to get the gun I want

Thanks !
Might be cheaper to just get a budget flight to Germany and bring it back via checked locked luggage. You need the seller in Germany to obtain a transfer licence. You will need to pre-arrange carriage with the airline and have UK customs fill out the relevant FAC sections (they stand in as the dealer in that regard). Your FAC acts as the importation document / licence, Then report to your local force as per usual. I think that's still the system - someone will quickly be along to tell me if I'm wrong.
"I don't like my job and I don't think I'm gonna go anymore."
dirtbag

#7 Post by dirtbag »

Dark Skies wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm
dirtbag wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:13 pm Hi all,

Thanks !
Might be cheaper to just get a budget flight to Germany and bring it back via checked locked luggage. You need the seller in Germany to obtain a transfer licence. You will need to pre-arrange carriage with the airline and have UK customs fill out the relevant FAC sections (they stand in as the dealer in that regard). Your FAC acts as the importation document / licence, Then report to your local force as per usual. I think that's still the system - someone will quickly be along to tell me if I'm wrong.
Thanks - I was thinking about this possibility actually !
Mattnall
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#8 Post by Mattnall »

Dark Skies wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:35 pm
Almost right.
Only thing is that you fill in your FAC as you are the importer.
Customs will likely check your authority to import (your FAC with spare slot or the firearm listed) but they are not part of the delivery system.

As well as informing your police department you are meant to inform the Proof House. You don't need to get it proofed if it isn't already unless you intend to move it on but it'll likely already be proofed in Germany or somewhere else.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
dirtbag

#9 Post by dirtbag »

Thanks all, very helpful!
Pete
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#10 Post by Pete »

Let us know how you get on if you go ahead...

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....