What a load of drivel

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Christel
Site Admin

What a load of drivel

#1 Post by Christel »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15418899

Some toad has been analysing why people like the concept of Zombies, I call the conclusion drivel simply because I cannot use a stronger word on here :D

I find the concept of Zombies fun (as long as it is a concept) and also for me Zombies is part of the survival in a landscape full of dangers, preferably with a gun/knife/survival kit. In my next life I will be Lara Croft. Boobs and all. :lol:

Nothing wrong with that, if I had the space I would build a survival shelter. I don't. If I had the space I would have my own shooting range. I don't. However I can dream, can't I O:-)
I do not like these things because I live in a society that is struggling financially :G

....drivel...

BTW I really like what Sandgroper is writing these day....Prepare, Be Zombie Aware. :clap:
Robin128

Re: What a load of drivel

#2 Post by Robin128 »

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

Apparently there are loads of acceptable expletives...

Balderdash, shoite, crap, poo, flippin', Jeese, dang nab it, Jeepers,
Dumme k'lling, klaphat, pikspiller, forpulede rovhul.

:run:
Polchraine

#3 Post by Polchraine »

christel wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-15418899

Some toad has been analysing why people like the concept of Zombies, I call the conclusion drivel simply because I cannot use a stronger word on here :D

....drivel...

BTW I really like what Sandgroper is writing these day....Prepare, Be Zombie Aware. :clap:

A picture to help you out !

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Christel
Site Admin

#4 Post by Christel »

Robin128 wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)

Apparently there are loads of acceptable expletives...

Balderdash, shoite, crap, poo, flippin', Jeese, dang nab it, Jeepers,
Dumme k'lling, klaphat, pikspiller, forpulede rovhul.

:run:
Oh dear, no translation please :oops:
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

Aw, shucks. :oops:

I agree it is drivel. Deep down I'm a survivalist at heart :shock: , but I think it's more than leftovers from growing up in during the cold war. It feels more like a desire to be free and self sufficient - to the extent of being ungovernable* and the zombie apocalypse senario provides that.

* Ungovernable - So self sufficient that the Govt does not provide you with anything - therefore being unable to govern you. :good:
I find the concept of Zombies fun (as long as it is a concept) and also for me Zombies is part of the survival in a landscape full of dangers, preferably with a gun/knife/survival kit.

Nothing wrong with that, if I had the space I would build a survival shelter. I don't. If I had the space I would have my own shooting range. I don't. However I can dream, can't I O:-)
I agree. :good:

Prepare - Be Zombie Aware :twisted: may well end up on my Forum Hoodie!

It might not be everyones cup of tea, but it keeps me (and others) amused! :lol:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#6 Post by Blackstuff »

I always thought zombies were originally created as a metaphor for communists :-P These days theres so many 'mind control' groups/propagandists you're hard pushed not to be a 'zombie' yourself! :?
DVC