Time part with my 7.62 SCHMIDT-RUBIN

Anything shooting related for sale, the management cannot accept any responsibility for the saleability of items in this section so take care please.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All items for sale must have a fixed price please. No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed
No external sale links.
targetman

Time part with my 7.62 SCHMIDT-RUBIN

#1 Post by targetman »

Sadly it has to go to make way for something else. Hopefully somebody will buy it and use it, otherwise I will remove the sights to sell seperately and junk it. :cry:

£300
Attachments
SCHMIDT RUBIN 3.jpg
SCHMIDT RUBIN 2.jpg
SCHMIDT RUBIN 1.jpg
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: Time part with my 7.62 SCHMIDT-RUBIN

#2 Post by dromia »

PM sent.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
kri5h

#3 Post by kri5h »

I doubt if many target rifles with this action are around. Saw one like this at Bisley a few months at the 500yd firing point.

Targetman, is it still for sale?

Regards,
Krish
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

That is a good looking rifle, especially at that price, good luck with the sale.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
targetman

#5 Post by targetman »

Kri5h.....if you saw it on a Wednesday it was probably mine.......I think it maybe sold already.....
kri5h

#6 Post by kri5h »

targetman wrote:Kri5h.....if you saw it on a Wednesday it was probably mine.......I think it maybe sold already.....
Not wednesday, but a few months ago. Could have been at the Phoenix meet if i remember correctly?

If it is sold I am glad. I was quite bothered by your statement that you might ditch it. Too good a rifle to junk I thought. Good luck with the sale and if it falls through do let me know as I might always have a space for a good shooter :D

ATB.
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

Now this is one aspect of the FAC system that gets my goat. I've just seen this, I like it because it's quirky. I have no need for it what-so-ever, but without the rigmarole of variations/good reason/and what have you, this is something I would gladly stick in my cabinet for a couple of months just for fun! See something, buy it on impulse...... if only!

That said, PM meles meles, he was talking about a target rifle on this action.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Ovenpaa

#8 Post by Ovenpaa »

Spot on SimG :cheers:

It is the sort of rifle that has to be owned, cherished and aired a couple of times a year, shown to mates and the sort of thing people come up and ask you about with genuine curiosity. More than can be said for a lot of the new anonymous things around these days.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
targetman

#9 Post by targetman »

Thanks for the interest chaps....now SOLD.....to the gentleman at the back with his hand up....

SimG...I agree wholeheartedly....fortunately I live in Surrey and the Firearms Licensing Dept are excellent in dealing with variations so making an impulse buy is pretty easy. I have in the past kept a vacant slot (or two) on my ticket in a variety of calibres just for such an impulse buy. Now I just tend to swap an obsolete calibre to Sec58(2) to create a slot....