.45 Colt brass....

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Sim G

.45 Colt brass....

#1 Post by Sim G »

Anyone got any .45 Colt brass lying around they no longer need, nor want?

Cheers.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

Re: .45 Colt brass....

#2 Post by saddler »

PM me...

What ya been getting in 45 Colt? DO tell....

stocksmi
John25

#3 Post by John25 »

Ah, someone else shooting a mans calibre!

Sorry, me and my winchester are keeping our brass, well it makes such a lovely bang!

Not to mention that, if I hold it properly, it groups like you wouldn't believe.

So, are you going to tell us what you need the brass for?

Pete Starley has some:-

http://www.midwayuk.com/apps/ebrowse.ex ... 0+***+9014+***
Last edited by John25 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun rhymes with fun.

We are constrained only by the rules of safety and our own imagination.

John

http://www.bisleyshootingservices.co.uk
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#4 Post by the running man »

I shoot .45 colt,a mans gun......got any spare call me too!!!
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
saddler
Home club or Range: NTSA, East Scotland Rifle Club, Vintage Arms Scotland (guest at competitions), Carlisle Small Arms Club (guest for PSG matches)

#5 Post by saddler »

Will have about 300 Rem cases (once-fired) to offload soon - changing to another brand

I can also supply new Starline at better prices than Midway... bigteeth

...and STILL in the queue to see what 45 Simon has bought :wave:

My .45 is a Win 94 Trapper, with Williams aperture rear-sight, an XS Scout Rail for long-eye-relief pistol scope - plus waiting on a Lyman gold bead foresight.
Fully tuned/slicked trigger & action - works like a dream - it will even feed empty cases from the magazine tube!!

Been using it with TinStar recently - and I ONLY use .454" 255 grn Keith bullets :shakeshout:
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

saddler wrote: I can also supply new Starline at better prices than Midway... bigteeth
Can you do the more obscure Starline brass?
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sim G

#7 Post by Sim G »

My .45 is a bit of a Frankenstein......

It's actually an Uberti LBR! However, had the barrel cut to 12" and a rod added to the rear of the grip to make up the OAL. I've had it a little while but dropped my ar$e over it after it came back from the 'smith. He was a master gunsmith in his time and unfortunately, still thinks he is! He's i his late 70's and hands and eyes are not what they were.

My local shop has had him on the books for years, but usually they give him their shotgun work. Anyway, when the Uberti comes back from him, straight away you can see that the frame is all marked where he put it in a vice. The muzzle where he hand cut the barrel resembles waves as drawn by children and, we find out later that he reblued the barrel because he slipped and scratched it almost the whole length!!

It wasn't really a bluing, but a "shotgun browning". Overall it's a very good finish, but, he'd left a load of browning fluid in the bore!!!! Unfortunately, I didn't look at the bore for about a month!! I was so pi$$ed off at the muzzle and the frame, I just shoved in the safe. Anyway, when I do look at it, I can't believe I was so stupid! A couple of hours with a rod, patches and some solvents/rust removers that shouldn't be mentioned when talking about cleaning a barrel, I got all of the rust out but left it with pitting along the whole length.

Anyhoo, I took it to the 'smith I now use, and he trued up the muzzle and recrowned it. I ran some cast loads through it and it doesn't shoot too bad, 2 - 3" at 25. I want to shoot a couple of hundred jacketed rounds through it to see if they will give a little more "polishing" on the pitting, but my indoor club doesn't allow jacketed and Landmarc won't let us shoot LBR's on the ranges we use!!!

So, regardless of my tales of woe with this one, how much do you want for your used cases?!!

Nice to see you're getting along with the Dillon, great aren't they?!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!