New Gun

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

25Pdr

New Gun

#1 Post by 25Pdr »

Just bought this recently....

It's a Franchi 48AL 12G. It is recoil operated like the old Browning A5. The Barrel simply recoils, unlocks the breech, throws the old Cartridge out and returns with a new one. Simple.

Firing it is a unique experience, different to a Gas Operated one, quite a soft recoil.

Has an Alloy receiver which makes it nice and light to swing.

Italian Proof Marks from 1986, but it is virtually unfired....A steal at £200. :grin:
saddler

Re: New Gun

#2 Post by saddler »

Nice find

Just blew £10 less than that on a late 60's A-5, so hope to get my hands on it in the New Year sometime once I have had it sent up to my RFD

...gas guns just aint the same!!
AL8

#3 Post by AL8 »

very nice gun for a nice price well done
Ovenpaa

#4 Post by Ovenpaa »

Very good price, I am always impressed at just how much shotgun/rifle you can buy for very little money of you look around, rifles are a bit more difficult as you need the variation in place but shotguns, well I could fill my cabinets up twice over with shotguns at less than GBP250 each and be pleased with each and every one of them.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dave 101

#5 Post by Dave 101 »

Looks good for its age , hope it fits your needs .

Dave
saddler

#6 Post by saddler »

ovenpaa wrote:Very good price, I am always impressed at just how much shotgun/rifle you can buy for very little money of you look around, rifles are a bit more difficult as you need the variation in place but shotguns, well I could fill my cabinets up twice over with shotguns at less than GBP250 each and be pleased with each and every one of them.
Aye - IF we had a similar gun licence to New Zealand, or other such civilised places, you could do the same with rifles here too!

IF ONLY - about to send in ANOTHER form for a one-for-one variation...so I can wave Bye Bye to my FAC for about 2 to 3 months

At least the SGC system is flexible in terms of buying/selling, etc.
Ovenpaa

#7 Post by Ovenpaa »

saddler wrote:At least the SGC system is flexible in terms of buying/selling, etc.
I know of a couple SGC holders that are limited to three shotguns only by our local FEO. Personally I have never had an issue so this could be something to new certificate holders.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
saddler

#8 Post by saddler »

ovenpaa wrote:
saddler wrote:At least the SGC system is flexible in terms of buying/selling, etc.
I know of a couple SGC holders that are limited to three shotguns only by our local FEO. Personally I have never had an issue so this could be something to new certificate holders.
...how are those conditions legal?

I could understand if they only had a cabinet that held 3 guns, but otherwise I'd be interested to know if there was any basis in law for such local restrictions
Ovenpaa

#9 Post by Ovenpaa »

It is Bedfordshire (Now Beds/Herts) who applied this ruling to the shooters I know, also they have an unwritten rule which says double figures of firearms and you need an alarm system. Add a few more and you need a monitored alarm system.
/d

Shed Journal
25Pdr

#10 Post by 25Pdr »

ovenpaa wrote:It is Bedfordshire (Now Beds/Herts) who applied this ruling to the shooters I know, also they have an unwritten rule which says double figures of firearms and you need an alarm system. Add a few more and you need a monitored alarm system.
A lot of the requirements seem to vary depending on the area. I'm Strathclyde which had many strict policies that appeared to be applied by one particular female civilian employee, she has now retired and the feeling is that Strathclyde seems to operating more along Home Office guidlines at last.

Sim posted some excellent advice last July.......Here...

In which he mentioned....
"It must be stressed, however, that it is not enough to base an assessment on the number of firearms alone"

Good advice, I bookmarked it in case I have any problem of storage, as my collection is getting larger all the time. :grin: