Range time

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Dave 101

Range time

#1 Post by Dave 101 »

Are you getting enough ? range time that is . Personaly I have never been happy with the set up at my club , once a month gallery range out to 600 yds but it varies from month to month as to what distance you will be shooting at .
I was always willing to arrive early and set up the target boards and do my bit in the butts then when it came to being on the firing point you,find another half dozen or so people turn up and I have ended up with 4 of us on one point . Then the late comers go early and do 50d all to help out .
This is one reason in the last couple of years I have only attended the ETR shoots but I want to get into some better shooting so looking for ideas of clubs around the Essex and surrounding counties where range time isnt a problem and its possble to do some ammo testing etc .

Dave
John MH

Re: Range time

#2 Post by John MH »

Dave 101 wrote:Then the late comers go early and do 50d all to help out .
Every club has them
Ovenpaa

#3 Post by Ovenpaa »

Sadly I am yet to find a club that does not have a few that stand at the back. At one of the clubs I always seemed to be one of the people to put the frames out and put them back at the end of the day and on more than one occasion people would shoot at say 1000 and then go home making it all but impossible for use to shoot afterwards, it can be incredibly frustrating when this happens. I have no experience of clubs in your area but you are more than welcome to come and join us, the people I shoot at just want to shoot and share duties evenly. we shoot at Barton Road which is just south of Cambridge two minutes from the M11. We shoot 800/1000/1200 once a month. Membership is GBP35/PA and range fees are GBP12/shoot. Alternatively Thetford shoots are on monthly at 200/400/600 or similar. Please let me know if you need more information.

Details here: http://www.grovesmallarms.org/
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Tower75

#4 Post by Tower75 »

Dave 101 wrote:Are you getting enough ? range time that is . Personaly I have never been happy with the set up at my club , once a month gallery range out to 600 yds but it varies from month to month as to what distance you will be shooting at .
I was always willing to arrive early and set up the target boards and do my bit in the butts then when it came to being on the firing point you,find another half dozen or so people turn up and I have ended up with 4 of us on one point . Then the late comers go early and do 50d all to help out .
This is one reason in the last couple of years I have only attended the ETR shoots but I want to get into some better shooting so looking for ideas of clubs around the Essex and surrounding counties where range time isnt a problem and its possble to do some ammo testing etc .

Dave
We're in the same club, as you know, everything you have said, I COMPLETELY agree with. Mention it in our forum. I want to try Barton Road, that's meant to be nice, plus I want to try my SMLE at 1000 yards. Hard core I am :lol:
Dave 101

#5 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Dave .

Yes I would like to join Grove , I havent shot at Barton road before but I have at Thetfoed gallery range .
a bit of a drive but it should be worth it . I will get that sorted this week .

Dave
Ovenpaa

#6 Post by Ovenpaa »

I will PM you
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal