How old are you?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

How old are you?

Under 20
1%
20-29
14%
30-39
18%
40-49
30%
50-59
23%
60-69
11%
Over 70
2%

Total votes: 560

telshe49

Re: How old are you?

#41 Post by telshe49 »

hi to you all
When we were at last years Phoenix meeting my grandson of 16 years [who has been shooting for 6 years] commented on the age of the people there, they were mainly either middle aged or fast approaching it. We do have a problem.

Regards Telshe [66]
Tower75

#42 Post by Tower75 »

We do have a problem.
Unfortunately... yes we do.

Shame that not every club either recognises that fact or cares enough about their sport to do anything. Granted we do hit a lot of hurdles living in this draconian firearm repressive nation, but we have to do all we can, or in a dew decades the UK will be a completely non-shooting entity.

If that happens then I'm off to the US, haven't figured out how yet, but it's the "in case of emergency" plan
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
dave_303

#43 Post by dave_303 »

We do have a problem but it is only us who can solve it, I've spent many hours educating and training youngsters how to shoot, some younger than me, many the same age, the younger ones have a tendency to disappear during puberty, bar around a quarter who are really into shooting.

As for people my age, I have found mixed responses, when I was in 6th form at secondary school, some over zealous amnesty supporters put up posters calling for a complete ban on firearms (the campaign was actually aimed at stopping the selling of military heavy equipment to African dictatorships) I spent weeks going around classes and doing house assemblies trying to give our side to it, till I was finally told to jack it in by the new headmaster
Michael Sproul

#44 Post by Michael Sproul »

The puberty thing happens with all sports/activities, boys discover boobs and booze! Nowt wins against that kind of distraction! Better to get 'em interested early and risk losing them than never shooting at all.
Steve

#45 Post by Steve »

Im 41 and generally at my club its older people,but there are a lot more younger people now.
Do or not do-there is no try.
Master Yoda
MartinS

#46 Post by MartinS »

Was 40 in December and I think the oldest in our club is 85!! Dam good shot as well!
P3T3R

#47 Post by P3T3R »

Well at 19 I am definitely the minority of the shooting community, there are a few younger members, but no one who is close to my age takes it seriously or have their own FAC let alone own 5 firearms with spaces for more :) can't wait to pick up some bargains at Newark next Saturday.
Tower75

#48 Post by Tower75 »

19!?

Excellent, join our legend "Young Guns" - You can do it in your User Control Panel
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
Ovenpaa
Site Supporter Since 2015

#49 Post by Ovenpaa »

NINETEEN!!!! Jeez I feel old now. :oops:

We will be there Saturday, look out for someone old, very old in fact, mid 50's type, probably with a Full-Bore Hoody and Christel will almost certainly be wearing a red Full-Bore Hoody and maye evn have red hair....
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
EagerNoSkill

#50 Post by EagerNoSkill »

I have a solar panel
So no hair colours for me :grin:
European 2012 FTR Champion (November 2012 I had +- 112 very lucky shots in a row)
“F-Open shooters are compensating for something”
I make an awesome friend and even worse enemy.