Log Cabins @ Bisley

News from the National Rifle Association (UK)

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Please note that the NRA section has been locked until further notice.
Dangermouse

Log Cabins @ Bisley

#1 Post by Dangermouse »

A year or two back there was some noise about members being able to purchase and keep log cabins at Bisley. For several months now I have heard nothing - has the idea been binned or is it just taking time to manifest?

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
ronboy

Re: Log Cabins @ Bisley

#2 Post by ronboy »

Bisley needs more accomadation. There appears to be just A B or C lines. I've been going to Bisley for about 40 years and I have wanted to stay on camp but accomadation is not all ways available. Considering my costs, there's £80 for fuel, two nights £40, £20 for food and about £90 for comps. I now am disabled and require heating, sleeping in the car or camping is out of the question. Unfortunately the NRA must consider erecting something to gain more shooters from afar and for single people.
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#3 Post by Mike357 »

Ronboy, have you ever tried LMRA Clubhouse, Artists Rifle Clubhouse or St Georges Lodges (look nice) for accomodation?

There is quite a lot of choice but sadly as there is no single point to book it's a faff having to phone round etc.
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
HeatherW762
Home club or Range: OSM, NRA Bisley

#4 Post by HeatherW762 »

LMRA run St Georges Lodge and the Pavilion and Canada House also have accommodation. The NRA also have Dolphin Lodge which is en-suite and bookable through Amanda like the rest. During the Imperial and then through the two rallies afterwards we also have Bunkabins (sp?) on site, also en suite.

Hope that helps

Heather
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye (Miss Piggy)
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#5 Post by Strangely Brown »

They had a cabin/lodge for inspection during the Imperial a couple of years ago when this was supposedly a new idea, there was even talk of siting them in the tree area at the back of Century!! :shock:

I thought the one on dispaly looked out of place with the colonial style that we already have on camp, although it wouldn't take too much work to make them look more in keeping with the other buildings, corrugated type roof and some form of verandah would look very much the part. In fact anything to get rid of some the rusting caravans that litter camp.

I can just picture myself, sundowner in one hand, fly whisk in the other telling the punkah wallah to go faster........
Mick
karen

#6 Post by karen »

Unfortunately there were problems with the local council(s) about putting them at the back of Century (I think because its an SSSI).

Mik might have a better idea as he was involved in the plans.

Love
Karen
karen

#7 Post by karen »

If you want to see what a Bunkabin looks like have a look at

http://www.bunkabin.co.uk/deluxe-sleeper.html
Strangely Brown
Home club or Range: NRA

#8 Post by Strangely Brown »

karen wrote:If you want to see what a Bunkabin looks like have a look at

http://www.bunkabin.co.uk/deluxe-sleeper.html

For a short term solution, Imperial Meeting etc, I think the bunkabin idea looks very good. :good:
Mick
Christel
Site Admin

#9 Post by Christel »

FB(UK) Log Cabin

Har har...

:shakeshout:
bobbob
Site Supporter Since 2016

#10 Post by bobbob »

christel wrote:FB(UK) Log Cabin

Har har...

:shakeshout:
How about a shed to start off with? :lol:
Never say something in Cyberspace you can't say Face to Face!!

Type a message, post your news,
Disagree with other members' views;
But please, do have some decorum,
When debating on the Full-Bore Forum.