When a post goes missing...

Moderator: dromia

Christel
Site Admin

When a post goes missing...

#1 Post by Christel »

Please pay attention when posting, if the system gives a message of this ilk.....someone else has posted, would you like to review your post....then your post has not been submitted and it needs to be submitted again.
Ovenpaa

Re: When a post goes missing...

#2 Post by Ovenpaa »

If you do submit a post and it goes missing try clicking the back button (Usually an arrow at the top left hand side of your browser) You can step back through pages you have recently visited including your 'missing' post.

It has happened to me as well :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Christel
Site Admin

#3 Post by Christel »

Also if the post has been submitted successfully what the system does is it takes you to the post without you doing anything.

If not submitted because another post has been submitted while you were writing the page doesn't change until you click submit again.
Robin128

#4 Post by Robin128 »

Before I submit a post I copy the post.

If there has been another post to the thread...in the time you are composing your post...that other post will come up first on your screen...if you read that post you can determine whether you need to adjust your post. But you need to submit again!

Similarly, if you try to submit your post and you BBand disconnected you will lose your post...unless you copied it...you know...highlight text, right click, copy...it works for me in IE8.

Backtracking does not retain draft post in IE8.

HTH
Ovenpaa

#5 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah... I use FireFox which it does work with plus IE9 which I have not tried it with yet.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal