Section 1 Shotgun conditions, Help & Advice wanted...

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

FarmerSim

Section 1 Shotgun conditions, Help & Advice wanted...

#1 Post by FarmerSim »

Hi Guys and Girls,

I have a question re Section 1 Shot Guns; specifically, for those with land or permissions, who has a vermin condition on their S1 SG?

I have very genuine reason for asking this, which I'll divulge later, just want some idea of how common or otherwise, such a condition is.

If anyone wants to know why, then I'll cheerfully explain all by PM, but I'm not prepared to put it on an open forum just yet.

Many thanks

ATB

Sim
saddler

Re: Section 1 Shotgun conditions, Help & Advice wanted...

#2 Post by saddler »

Mine is away for a one-for-one, plus getting the land permissions back on for stalking/vermin/fox etc.

As specific to S1 SG's = my FAC in the past WAS always worded for vermin, clay, etc. for the S1 SG's - for quite a few years they were the ONLY SG's I owned - I'd never bothered with a SGC
forward observer

#3 Post by forward observer »

I've got my fac sg for ukpsa organised events,competition target shotgun,for flocking birds in accordance with natural england etc,also for the humane dispacthing of injured wildlife in accordance with the rspca,national trust,police call outs I do for road kill/injuries.......I also have solid slug for fox.....and all that took a hell of a fight to get on my ticket,I'm sure I'm on their dartboard down at my firearms dept!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#4 Post by Blackstuff »

As you know Sim i've got it on mine. It reads;

"The 12 bore Shot Gun shall be used for vermin control on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot and for zeroing on ranges"
DVC
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#5 Post by Sandgroper »

When I had a S1 410 it was a bit of a struggle to get it authorised for anything other than target shotgun - I got there in the end with the standard authorisations for vermin, ground game and fox.
Slug was a definite no, no - it didn't matter what I said, the answer was still no. They couldn't decide if 410 slug was too powerful or no powerful enough for fox! wtfwtf I don't think I helped myself, when out frustration I told them, "Fine, I'll just make multi ball rounds for fox!"
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.