Target Shotgun Banned!!!!

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

Re: Target Shotgun Banned!!!!

#11 Post by mr smith »

dodgyrog wrote:Is that Andy Duffy? He runs target shotgun shoots at Short Siberia.

James Harris,Andy stood against him IIRC.
techguy

#12 Post by techguy »

Yup James is the current target shotgun rep. I'll drop him an email, not sure if he visits here...
techguy

#13 Post by techguy »

Just spoke to James, he's going to get in touch with the NRA about it...
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#14 Post by mr smith »

techguy wrote:Just spoke to James, he's going to get in touch with the NRA about it...

Nothing like keeping him busy,just been e-mailing him about my shotgun conditions.
Chuck

#15 Post by Chuck »

intersting this. I asked about this yonks ago and shot slug on military ranges discreetly.

I was informed ages ago that the military did NOT recognise shotgun /slug as a military weapon so in their eyes it did NOT exist. Of course in jobsworth Britain this means that a range OK'd for say 50BKG or .308 is NOT OK for slug as the military never used it - so the range was never cleared /certified for it! Now that is the story I got from a reliable enough (military) source which may or may not explain the jobsworths like the one in this instance.

I don't know if the British military DO use shotgun and /or slug/buckshot in combat so just throwing in my thruppence worth.
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#16 Post by IainWR »

Hi all

I heard about this earlier today. The relevant MoD publication (JSP 403 - available on the web) does list the range safety parameters for combat shotgun with both slug and buckshot. There are aspects of the resultant template that may be problematic, but with an enlightened approach it should be possible to work round them in a similar way to what we do at Bisley. I have asked the caller to forward the story so I can form a view and advise a way forward.

Iain
Firearms Manager
NRA
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#17 Post by meles meles »

oomans ! The RM use shotguns, so we assume the Pongoes do too. In fact we know they do... In Mesoptamia the 'ooligans used some SA dual feed shotguns for night raids. One loading tube was loaded with solid slugs for knocking doors off hinges and the second tube with 9mm ball ( 0 ? shot ) for splattering whatever was on the other side of the door.

We've seen slug in the butt at Kingsbury, a military range, so it doesn't seem to be a problem there.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Chuck

#18 Post by Chuck »

One rule for them then maybe badger???
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
tackb

#19 Post by tackb »

Chuck wrote:One rule for them then maybe badger???
you mean like when 338 lapua was banned......................
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#20 Post by IainWR »

.338 Lap mag is banned AT BISLEY because its ricochet characteristics exceed the air danger height available. MoD choose, under their own rules and to meet operational necessity, to shoot .338 at Bisley with strict constraints in place and accepting the very small residual risk. We the NRA cannot take that residual risk. If .338 is being prohibited on ranges where the safety trace would permit it, please let me know at work - iain.robertson@nra.org.uk