Shotguns on an FAC ?

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: Shotguns on an FAC ?

#11 Post by IainWR »

If you are looking for "good reason" for a S1 SG, the NRA Handbook lists Target Shotgun as an NRA Controlled Discipline, and if you use that to lead to the Target Shotgun Handbook (which is in redraft but should be on line by 29 March) you will find a load of competition conditions that require a S1 gun to complete.

Iain
Editor NRA Handbook
NitroJoe

#12 Post by NitroJoe »

saddler wrote: S.1 shotgun does NOT automatically entitle you to S.1 shotgun ammo

Far from it
I assumed as much. It's not something I've ever looked in to, to be honest. I've never really needed more than 2 shots for pigeons, never mind slug shot! :lol:
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by mr smith »

NitroJoe wrote:I didn't realise you could be granted a section 1 shotgun for vermin control? How does that affect your ammo options, I'd guess you can't buy slugs for use on rabbits!?
bangbang

Well who knows,i've got slug on my ticket with no conditions attached.
DL.

#14 Post by DL. »

NitroJoe wrote:
saddler wrote: S.1 shotgun does NOT automatically entitle you to S.1 shotgun ammo

Far from it
I assumed as much. It's not something I've ever looked in to, to be honest. I've never really needed more than 2 shots for pigeons, never mind slug shot! :lol:
I have never encountered this "slug shot", is it widely available from garden centres? :oops:
Primer

#15 Post by Primer »

mr smith wrote:
NitroJoe wrote:I didn't realise you could be granted a section 1 shotgun for vermin control? How does that affect your ammo options, I'd guess you can't buy slugs for use on rabbits!?
bangbang

Well who knows,i've got slug on my ticket with no conditions attached.
Mine for slug says for use in a smooth-bore gun for practical target shooting:
A, on ranges suitable for the safe use of that class of firearm and with adequate financial arrangements in place to meet any injury or damage claim, or
B, over a course of fire approved by a qualified member of the UKPSA on land over which the holder has lawful authority to shoot.

And also the 12 bore shotgun may also be used for clay pigeon shooting (would that mean I couldn't use it for pigeon shooting on a friend's farm without vermin control authority?)
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

Primer wrote: And also the 12 bore shotgun may also be used for clay pigeon shooting (would that mean I couldn't use it for pigeon shooting on a friend's farm without vermin control authority?)
Yes! You shouldn't have any problems getting the condition added though
DVC
SevenSixTwo

#17 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Out of interest... say if you own a shotgun licenced for target shooting and a friend invites you to a fowl shoot (or whatever they call it) - using your shottie, even for a one-off, would be an offence? Crazy...
saddler

#18 Post by saddler »

SevenSixTwo wrote:Out of interest... say if you own a shotgun licenced for target shooting and a friend invites you to a fowl shoot (or whatever they call it) - using your shottie, even for a one-off, would be an offence? Crazy...
If you use ANY S.1 gun for something that it is not conditioned for on your FAC, that is an offence

There are also rules about multi-shot guns not being allowed for Game shooting, not sure about wildfowling rules though
part451

#19 Post by part451 »

FarmerSim wrote:Plus, if you want to shoot clays on a clay ground, I am told some such grounds are very nervous of S1.
Sorry, cut your reply down.

This is my experience: Most clay pigeon shooting grounds are CPSA affiliated, and given that a number of clay pigeon shooters are not very good at gun handling, you will have to keep it to two shots and not load the gun up. Out of courtesy I normally ask when paying if it’s okay. I had a jobs worth at a local clay shoot how went running to the owner to say that "there is some bloke down there using a 10 shot gun, under CPSA rules you can't do that" and the owner, who is a mate, replied "This shoot is not CPSA affiliated and he has my permission".
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

Semi Auto and Pump Actions shotguns are often greeted with mixed views at clay shoots, and should a woman be rash enough to turn up to a clay shoot with a P/A...........
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal