Practical shotgun barrel length

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Primer

Re: Practical shotgun barrel length

#11 Post by Primer »

phaedra1106 wrote:While you guys are here ......

Looking at a pump for PSG as my Hatsan MPA semi load gate is killing my arthritic thumb!, there's a fairly cheap SXP sec 2 going which I could put onto my FAC and then get a larger/extension tube, do you have any suggestions where to get one and I assume the existing sec 2 tube will have to be removed?
You could give Steve Pike a call at Shield shooting centre 01308 482626, open 10 till 5 everyday PSG is his thing, he comes well recommended and supplies/fits extension tubes for many makes inc winchesters
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#12 Post by mr smith »

Primer wrote:
phaedra1106 wrote:While you guys are here ......

Looking at a pump for PSG as my Hatsan MPA semi load gate is killing my arthritic thumb!, there's a fairly cheap SXP sec 2 going which I could put onto my FAC and then get a larger/extension tube, do you have any suggestions where to get one and I assume the existing sec 2 tube will have to be removed?
You could give Steve Pike a call at Shield shooting centre 01308 482626, open 10 till 5 everyday PSG is his thing, he comes well recommended and supplies/fits extension tubes for many makes inc winchesters

+1 on that.Steve was very helpful in getting a longer mag spring that i couldn't locate anywhere else.
techguy

#13 Post by techguy »

+1 for Steve!
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Blackstuff »

alextwogun wrote:
Blackstuff,

I'm picking up a Benelli M2 24" field 3 + 1 this week and would like a nordic extension (hard to find at the moment). Is there there a mag extension/cap combo that would make it flush? Might end up just going for a + 6. May have to settle for Bennelli extension also until Nordic stock sorts itself.

A
Exactly flush - no. But unless you have OCD problems (as i do to an extent) the +6 nordic tube gets it just shy (0.25-.05") of the barrel. MidwayUK should have them in by 7th May

The only exactly flush tube i've seen on a Benelli is a +5 on a 24" Supernova
DVC
lasbrisas

#15 Post by lasbrisas »

The other thing to consider if you want to shoot in comps is that if you go above 9 shots (correct me if I'm wrong) you will be in open class with all the saiga/vepr shooters.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#16 Post by Blackstuff »

lasbrisas wrote:The other thing to consider if you want to shoot in comps is that if you go above 9 shots (correct me if I'm wrong) you will be in open class with all the saiga/vepr shooters.
If you mean above 9 magazine capacity then you're wrong. The gun can be ANY capacity but if you want to load more than 9 in the gun at the start of a stage then (up to 14 cartridges) puts you in Modified (assuming no other alterations/additions to the gun), and over that would put you in Open in which case you'd be competing with mag fed guns such as Saigas etc :o
DVC
alextwogun

#17 Post by alextwogun »

Blackstuff wrote:
alextwogun wrote:
Blackstuff,

I'm picking up a Benelli M2 24" field 3 + 1 this week and would like a nordic extension (hard to find at the moment). Is there there a mag extension/cap combo that would make it flush? Might end up just going for a + 6. May have to settle for Bennelli extension also until Nordic stock sorts itself.

A
Exactly flush - no. But unless you have OCD problems (as i do to an extent) the +6 nordic tube gets it just shy (0.25-.05") of the barrel. MidwayUK should have them in by 7th May

The only exactly flush tube i've seen on a Benelli is a +5 on a 24" Supernova
Thanks. Not a fan of midway uk. Far too expensive. Have found a supplier in US who has the new Nordic MXT tubes in stock so have placed an order. ETA 4 weeks to my door. Better than waiting for everyone in the UK to source stock : )
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#18 Post by Blackstuff »

Agree with Midway prices, but some times you just don't have a choice :bad: Glad you got sorted, don't forget to post some pics once you get it on there tongueout
DVC
Primer

#19 Post by Primer »

Here's a pic of mine I got last week, 24" barrel, it has a Nordic tube already fitted that makes it an 8+1, think i can get 9+1 and mag tube should be virtually same length as barrel

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

tongueout

Don't for get you can buy just the tube (sans the end cap and nut) and it will be half the price :good:
DVC