NRA membership department

A section for general discussion covering all of our national shooting organisations.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
The National Body General Discussion section is exactly that, a section for all of us to discuss the National Bodies and what they are up to.

Please bear in mind that this is an open forum and your posts can be read by all members. If you are in a position that can be compromised by what you are saying on here because someone takes offense and tells your colleagues or your sponsor and that in turn means you are being punished for your posts on here, think before you post!
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

Re: NRA membership department

#11 Post by IainWR »

Mail2pete wrote:Sent my paperwork for membership into the NRA on 31 Dec 13. Nick Halford from the membership department rang me on the 6 Jan 14 to check some details.

Sounds to me like the membership department is working well.
I was in to work last week, I don't think Nick was. Sounds like he replied on his first day back. Can't check as I'm abroad on leave (sad I know but the NRA does actually give us time off occasionally :good: )
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#12 Post by dodgyrog »

IainWR wrote:
Mail2pete wrote:Sent my paperwork for membership into the NRA on 31 Dec 13. Nick Halford from the membership department rang me on the 6 Jan 14 to check some details.

I was in to work last week, I don't think Nick was. Sounds like he replied on his first day back. Can't check as I'm abroad on leave (sad I know but the NRA does actually give us time off occasionally :good: )
I do hope you have a job when you get back!
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

IainWR wrote: Can't check as I'm abroad on leave (sad I know but the NRA does actually give us time off occasionally :good: )
Well done for posting :good:
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#14 Post by dromia »

He is a good man Nick, wonder how long he has got with the NRA.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mail2pete

#15 Post by Mail2pete »

IainWR wrote:

I was well impressed with a response on the 6th. I was praising the NRA not kicking it :goodjob:
the running man
Home club or Range: Bdrpc ebrpc

#16 Post by the running man »

I view the nra as a secretive organisation who deal with whatever does not suit them whenever it suits them, I wouldn't encourage anyone to join them, i actively discourage membership of the nra, ive seen nothing thats changed, theres certain people at bisley who need to go in order for a proper organisation to exist.and folk wonder why the nsra and cpsa did not want to join the nra......If a disgruntled ex employee or member wanted to they could have gathered irreversible damaging evidence against the nra, probably the only thing stopping the release of such information is not wanting to shaft fellow shooters...........With current attitudes at bisley I wouldn't want to test people's resolve as much as they are at present.......and everyone thought Andrew mercer was going to sort things.....tick tock tick tock tick tock. .....
When someone says "it's not about the money" you know what? it probably is all about money!
Gaz

#17 Post by Gaz »

Meanwhile, I'm seeing some badly-needed ground works being done on the ranges, new firing points constructed, proper toilets laid on, regular cleaning of the existing toilets, new staff being hired in key areas, some proper financial discipline being brought in leading to immediate benefits to the NRA's finances...

If I had the money I'd probably join the NRA myself. As it is, I don't have X hundred pounds going spare on top of my existing club subscriptions so that'll have to wait a few years.
rox

#18 Post by rox »

Gaz wrote:As it is, I don't have X hundred pounds going spare
(where X = 0.695)

DanTheMan
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Weybridge

#19 Post by DanTheMan »

Gaz wrote:Meanwhile, I'm seeing some badly-needed ground works being done on the ranges, new firing points constructed, proper toilets laid on, regular cleaning of the existing toilets, new staff being hired in key areas, some proper financial discipline being brought in leading to immediate benefits to the NRA's finances...
A big plus one on that, I fully support the improvements and I think it's going in the right direction so they have got my renewal fees.
majordisorder

#20 Post by majordisorder »

I've only been a member for a little over 12 months but the place does seem to be improving in that short period of time. Also read that the financial situation had turned around from a massive debt / overdraft to positive cash flow.... what's not to like? Maybe they've finally got a business leader to lead rather than some old washed up crew with no idea?