Cawdor 13/04/14

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: Cawdor 13/04/14

#11 Post by Sandgroper »

meles meles wrote:This pawloading malarkey isn't simple then ?
:lol:

For my 257 I tried H4895, Varget, H414 before trying Ramshot Hunter. H414 and Hunter are about on par with each other on performance but the Hunter is cheaper and meters better. It sounds expensive but the H4895 and Varget were leftovers from previously owned rifles. It's all part of the game!
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Blu

#12 Post by Blu »

Badger, if it was simple mate it would be boring. Though saying that sometimes when you are load developing you hit the sweet load first time around, other times it can get real frustrating (and expensive) trying to find a load for a particular gun but then that's half the fun of it and it gets you out shooting.

Blu :twisted:
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#13 Post by meles meles »

*shudders*

We like simple.

We're a simple kreecher.

Boring and gunpowder we can live with.

Exciting and gunpowder sounds frightening to us.
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Sandgroper »

Blu wrote:
Badger, if it was simple mate it would be boring. Though saying that sometimes when you are load developing you hit the sweet load first time around, other times it can get real frustrating (and expensive) trying to find a load for a particular gun but then that's half the fun of it and it gets you out shooting.

Agree 100% :good: There were times I wanted to tear what was left of my hair out with the 257 but yesterday made it all worthwhile. Great birthday present to myself! party2
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
DW58

#15 Post by DW58 »

Sandgroper wrote: Strath still shoots at Cawdor, plus you don't to go to Strath's Millnain range to shoot if you don't want to but as a member you can use it whenever you want. I don't know what the cost of Cawdor membership is but I pay £45/year for a family membership with Strath. :shakeshout:
Now that's interesting - would a family membership cover myself and my 20yo student sone (aka BlackburnBuccaneer - he's a member here)?

Can you give me contact details for Strathpeffer club please.
Blu

#16 Post by Blu »

meles meles wrote:*shudders*

We like simple.

We're a simple kreecher.

Boring and gunpowder we can live with.

Exciting and gunpowder sounds frightening to us.
Now now Badger, no one used the word "exciting". What was said was that it can sometimes be frustrating trying to find that sweet load. That is some of the fun of it because it gets you out on the range shooting trying to find that sweet load and more trigger time is some of the good times.

Andy632

#17 Post by Andy632 »

DW58 wrote:
Sandgroper wrote: Strath still shoots at Cawdor, plus you don't to go to Strath's Millnain range to shoot if you don't want to but as a member you can use it whenever you want. I don't know what the cost of Cawdor membership is but I pay £45/year for a family membership with Strath. :shakeshout:
Now that's interesting - would a family membership cover myself and my 20yo student sone (aka BlackburnBuccaneer - he's a member here)?

Can you give me contact details for Strathpeffer club please.

Technically yes, family membership would cover you both.
We're on the t'internet, or you could pm me 'cos I'm the Secretary.

Always happy to have another soul onboard.
DW58

#18 Post by DW58 »

Thanks, I'll be in touch.