BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

'Something shiny from the SHED' - A range of shooting and reloading accessories designed and built here in the UK.
Brookers
Home club or Range: FDPC

Re: BR99 Billet lower serious interest list

#11 Post by Brookers »

I'm definitely up for one of these. Haven't got a Bora yet so mine will be new. Will probably go for a ready built option from you.

Brookers
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

I will post up the proposed build specifications for the BR99 in a separate post.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackknight1974
Home club or Range: WNSC

#13 Post by Blackknight1974 »

I'm interested, especially if the mag well is better fit for the ten round mags than the original one.

One question...

The serial number appears on the lower, will this be stamped on the replacement lower?
Ovenpaa

#14 Post by Ovenpaa »

The magazine fit is an interesting issue as the 5 and 10 round magazines vary very slightly in size with the 10 shot being the dimensionally larger of the two. This means you can either have a perfect fitting 5 shot and a slightly tight 10 shot or a rattly 5 shot and a perfect 10 shot.

I have a load of 10 shots here and half a dozen 5 shots and will be measuring them all very carefully to see if an optimal well size can be found whilst taking into account magazine variances and cold British winters.

The receiver lower numbers are undecided however they may well end up as a unique new series of numbers unrelated to the BR99 they are going onto. Right now it has not been finalised.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

Please make the mag well fitted for the 10rd mags rather than the 5rd, other than making the the gun look more proportioned for photos the 5rd mags have little use (to me any way)
DVC
Dangermouse

#16 Post by Dangermouse »

These will almost always be purchased by practical shooters who will be using the 10 round (and larger) magazines. In my opinion the correct fit should be based around the 10 round mag.

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
techguy

#17 Post by techguy »

+1 on making the mag well the right dimensions for the 10rd mags

The only thing I'd use the 5 round mag for is an option 1 start, and replace with a 10 round mag once there's one up the spout.

Serial numbers: is the current serial number on both the upper and lower? (I'm not at home to check)
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

10 shot noted.

Yes they have a serial on the lower on a small self colour plate, right hand side above the trigger, they also have what appears to be a proof mark on the lower at the front right hand side alongside the upper connecting lugs which is a serious nuisance and something I am looking into right now.
/d

Shed Journal
techguy

#19 Post by techguy »

Why are the lowers proofed? Shouldn't it just be the uppers which are proofed?

If the serial numbers only exist on the lowers, then it will need a 1 for 1 variation to change the lower+serial if you already have a BR99..Sad times..
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

techguy wrote:Why are the lowers proofed? Shouldn't it just be the uppers which are proofed?

If the serial numbers only exist on the lowers, then it will need a 1 for 1 variation to change the lower+serial if you already have a BR99..Sad times..
Techguy, even worse if the lowers require proofing it means each lower has to be assembled and then shipped to the Proof house, checked and stamped and shipped back and stripped down again which adds time and cost to the build.
/d

Shed Journal