Accuracy International AW or AE 308

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Rifleman798

Re: Accuracy International AW or AE 308

#11 Post by Rifleman798 »

:D Cheers mate, Very nice. Shame its been threaded for moderator.

James
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

You can always take the mod off and fit a screw cap to protect the thread, and then sell it to me :)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#13 Post by Dangermouse »

I thought AI used Border Barrels, guess this one has been re barrelled at some point?
Rifleman798

#14 Post by Rifleman798 »

:lol:, I know its fine, Just not a fan of threaded Barrells. Looks like a beauty though. Be just like old times :) Obviously the scope doesn't come with it at that price?

James
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Rifleman798 wrote::lol:, I know its fine, Just not a fan of threaded Barrells. Looks like a beauty though. Be just like old times :) Obviously the scope doesn't come with it at that price?
An S&B two turn PMII.... Hmmmm... doubt it :lol:

I have PM'd the seller to see if he can tell us more.

My son's AE in green may also be for sale, I know he was discussing it with the Viking on Sunday and he has a yearning for something with a Pre45 Action.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

#16 Post by Dangermouse »

I think that this is a very good price for an AI, I can not remember the last time I saw one for under £2000, and is of course a big saving on a new AI.

There is a Second Hand Remington 700 listed on Gun Trader at the moment for £2600.00!
I was disappointed to see that the seller is well known central London dealer and felt that he should know the market better, perhaps he does and can shift a Remington at this price, But as you can get a new custom built AICS stocked Barnard action with 30" Bartlein Barrel fitted for £2350 from Mik, I know where my money would be going,

DM
Rifleman798

#17 Post by Rifleman798 »

There is a Second Hand Remington 700 listed on Gun Trader at the moment for £2600.00
Wow thats a bit steep! I like the Remi 700, But not that much!
David, Would appreciate any updates you get on this Rifle and possibly your Sons if he parts with it. Didn't mean to hijack the thread Mate. I also have a soft spot for the AI/AE :)

Cheers

James
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

James, I will have a word with my James tonight if I can get hold of him, I know he really wants a period sniper but has no idea what to go for so far....
/d

Shed Journal
devil_bri

#19 Post by devil_bri »

Ovenpaa
I would prefer 1 screw cut.
Let me know about your sons 1 please
Cheers
Brian
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

Well I had hoped to get a reply back regarding the GBP1800 one but no news yet, I will speak to James about his AI and see if he wants to let it go. Right now it is sitting in my cabinet with a very nice KAPS 'scope on it on a set of one piece AI rings.
/d

Shed Journal