Just want to ask

For everything AR15 related and the ultimate in side charging or semi auto 22 rifles. http://www.lan-tac.com
Huge selection of accessories and upgrades, all available online. We are the UK distributor for LaRue Tactical & Battle Arms Developments.
HALODIN

Re: Just want to ask

#11 Post by HALODIN »

You're not bugging me it's just like everyone else, we don't know very much. I've looked for the thread where it was mentioned on here twice and I still can't find it....

IIRC he hopes to have it released at the tail end of this year, although I got the feeling it could be up to Q1 2016.
Sixshot6

#12 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:You're not bugging me it's just like everyone else, we don't know very much. I've looked for the thread where it was mentioned on here twice and I still can't find it....

IIRC he hopes to have it released at the tail end of this year, although I got the feeling it could be up to Q1 2016.
So Nov 2015 - Feb (possibly March maybe) 2016, It took Scott a while and I actually filled in the variation, sister's wedding happened and couldn't get it for a while. Is it AR based (stupid question but you never know). I'm ok with the ejection being right-handed so long as a standard case deflector is there. Also I had a email from Richard Wilson saying Smith and Wesson (off topic I know) and he can't get the virgin frames for his LBR's. Not sure where to put that or how much of the email I should share. Need some help in that direction.
Back to the topic, how long has Paul been working on it? Also I tried calling them once and only got an answer phone, Is that normal or did I contact them in the wrong way?
HALODIN

#13 Post by HALODIN »

"Is it AR based" - Yes AFAIK.
"how long has Paul been working on it?" - No idea he hasn't said.
"only got an answer phone Is that normal or did I contact them in the wrong way" - Yes he's a busy man, so try an e-mail as well.
Sixshot6

#14 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:"Is it AR based" - Yes AFAIK.
"how long has Paul been working on it?" - No idea he hasn't said.
"only got an answer phone Is that normal or did I contact them in the wrong way" - Yes he's a busy man, so try an e-mail as well.
ok, its just at the time I wanted a magpul afg, but ending up using Zahal to get a fab ptk. I didn't realise he got that busy. Next time, it'll be an email then. I just feel an AR15 type might be up my street for the ease of optic mounting and heavier barrels. Any idea if they barrels will be HBAR type at all? Its just I don't think gov or socom profile barrels make much sense in the uk due to them being mostly range guns, even for ipsc a hbar is probably a better option.
HALODIN

#15 Post by HALODIN »

Hopefully Paul will have time to contribute to this thread, I can't answer all of your questions. Yes it's right up my street as well, my .223/5.56 slot is reserved for one of these fellas. Looking forward to it!
Sixshot6

#16 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:Hopefully Paul will have time to contribute to this thread, I can't answer all of your questions. Yes it's right up my street as well, my .223/5.56 slot is reserved for one of these fellas. Looking forward to it!
Thanks, I'm interested. One thing I can surmise is that like the vz and lever release it will be gas piston ala a short stroke due to it being more reliable than Direct Impingement. Or I could be wrong. I'm not gonna pester Paul, but if it want's to I'm all ears as to what he will say.
HALODIN

#17 Post by HALODIN »

The details are deliberately sparse to date - as with patents pending (IIRC) then loose lips sink ships.
Sixshot6

#18 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:The details are deliberately sparse to date - as with patents pending (IIRC) then loose lips sink ships.
I understand, wait.... did you say he has a patent pending?
HALODIN

#19 Post by HALODIN »

Yes I believe this was mentioned, but don't quote me on it!
Sixshot6

#20 Post by Sixshot6 »

HALODIN wrote:Yes I believe this was mentioned, but don't quote me on it!
I wont, a patent pending implies he has plans to keep it in Lantac. I believe Scott at CCA has a patent on his MARS too. If its granted he'll have about 20-25 years to himself (I'm going on how Colt had the AR to themselves before the situation we seen now where everyone and there mother makes one). If he has one he will have to defend it also (see the magpul lawsuit against a company magpul say's violated their magazine patent). Maybe its a backup to ensure he makes something back from them. If its priced at the mars level or cheaper I can see the straight pull market bottoming out by 2017/18. You on the same page as me there? Maybe his system could be applied to LBP's too?