Brad Pitt shooting a Zombie film in Glasgow

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Christel
Site Admin

Re: Brad Pitt shooting a Zombie film in Glasgow

#11 Post by Christel »

I have not heard how they are approaching the film. I do wonder if they are filming all the stories or just one?

Who is Brad Pitt supposed to be?

I better go digging on Google...
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

Yahoo news ran a story yesterday that its already being slated on internet forums because its set at the start of the outbreak a la Dawn of the Dead, rather than being true to the written stories.

Personally i don't care as long as there is plenty of zombie blatting action, woo doggie! :twisted:

http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st ... el_1239769
DVC
Christel
Site Admin

#13 Post by Christel »

I just may have a problem with this...however I will watch the film with a very positive frame of mind.

http://www.reelzchannel.com/movie-news/ ... pset-fans/

"Earlier this week, Paramount Pictures announced a release date of December 21, 2012, for their adaptation of World War Z, making the movie's theatrical run official. While this had to please fans of the best-selling novel by Max Brooks that inspired the movie, the version that reaches the big screen may have plenty of audience members remarking: "You should have read the book."

Set years after a zombie apocalypse, World War Z (the novel) is a series of fictionalized conversations about the world's reaction to a zombie epidemic, serving as a social commentary on the world's preparedness (or lack thereof) to a threat of that magnitude. The novel was almost universally praised for its original take on the zombie premise, one that can often be turned into the same, stale product. According to the synopsis revealed by ShockTillYouDrop, the movie version may be just that — a movie — and that's probably not going to please the novel's rabid fanbase.

The story revolves around United Nations employee Gerry Lane (Brad Pitt), who traverses the world in a race against time to stop the Zombie pandemic that is toppling armies and governments and threatening to decimate humanity itself.

As the synopsis points out, instead of Pitt interviewing survivors of the apocalypse, he will be trying to stop the outbreak, in what is clearly a cinematic change to the story brought on by the studio and/or director Marc Forster (Quantum of Solace).

Initially adapted by J. Michael Straczynski (Changeling), screenwriter Matthew Michael Carnahan (The Kingdom) was brought on board to write another draft. At the time, this seemed unfortunate, since Straczynski's script had already received the seal of approval from Brooks, who called it "f**king brilliant" and "as good as the book." A 2008 script review from AICN called Straczynski's script a "horror epic, a serious, sober-minded adult picture waiting to be made" and "a genre-defining piece of work" and, as HugAZombie points out, the Straczynski script found a way to weave flashbacks of the zombie apocalypse into Pitt's research set in the present. Some of Straczynski's work may still be present in the movie, but not enough for him to be billed as one of the movie's screenwriters. The studio's press release gave Carnahan sole screenwriting credit and omitted Straczynski.

So far, the online reaction to the synopsis has been less than favorable, but it's still conceivable that Forster and company can pull off an exciting adaptation. Just one that isn't as faithful to the novel as fans would like."
Chuck

#14 Post by Chuck »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/ar ... l?ITO=1490

Zombie glasgow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf4ZoI4O ... re=related looks good,

Just checked my ammo, 1000 9mm FMJ
1050 slug / 000 buck.

Walther P99 + 6 x 15 round mags

Beretta 92 + 6 x 15 round and 2 x 20 round mags.

PLUS:

KABAR
SWORD
AXE
SYKES FAIRBAIRN

yep, sorted so where are they then....BRING IT ON!..... :lol:
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#15 Post by TattooedGun »

oh man, please don't tell me theyre gonna ruin it...

This book would lend itself really well if you had the right person being the interviewer travelling the globe AFTER the outbreak (and thus showing the way that travel happens in the zombie occupied world) and sitting down with some real burnt out looking souls who tell thier story (and then have flashbacks to the action)... rather than brad pitt chasing round the world fixing stuff - honestly that to me sounds like a shambles of a storyline to try and make it more "hollywood" - screw the whole it has to be tense crap by having it work towards something.. have it retrospective!

damn hollywood *shakes fist*

either way I'm still going to watch it, but that doesnt mean i have to like it!!
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#16 Post by TattooedGun »

not a real trailer...

and did i mention, i hate you! :'(

I want pistols!! :(
Chuck

#17 Post by Chuck »

tatooedgun, Awwwwww, I am all hurt now :(

Is that you in the wee photo..if so let me change your mind. :lol: :oops:

...I'll let you play with my pistols.....(well actually they are the wife's wee toys although we refer to them as our kids.)
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

TattooedGun wrote:oh man, please don't tell me theyre gonna ruin it...

This book would lend itself really well if you had the right person being the interviewer travelling the globe AFTER the outbreak (and thus showing the way that travel happens in the zombie occupied world) and sitting down with some real burnt out looking souls who tell thier story (and then have flashbacks to the action)... rather than brad pitt chasing round the world fixing stuff - honestly that to me sounds like a shambles of a storyline to try and make it more "hollywood" - screw the whole it has to be tense crap by having it work towards something.. have it retrospective!

damn hollywood *shakes fist*

either way I'm still going to watch it, but that doesnt mean i have to like it!!
I am with you on this one.
I wish people like the ones who did "Outpost" would have gotten their hands on the manuscript and done it justice.
Christel
Site Admin

#19 Post by Christel »

Chuck wrote:....(well actually they are the wife's wee toys although we refer to them as our kids.)
I could come up with a lot of psycho babble here...

:lol:
Ovenpaa

#20 Post by Ovenpaa »

TattooedGun wrote:
not a real trailer...

and did i mention, i hate you! :'(

I want pistols!! :(
500 rounds through the SIG next month :) ....and after that? Who knows, maybe another 500.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal