The age of digital GP's

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

Re: The age of digital GP's

#11 Post by poll007 »

Pippin89 wrote:
poll007 wrote:
X2001xr wrote:
How would the FAC/SGC system certificate system cope if we were to move to a digital GP service?
Wont make a difference i don't think, as long as the police can still get the report completed.
as an example, my GP couldn't(wouldn't) fill out the form from Kent police for my renewals, so i ended up just getting it done online from another GP anyway.
As long as you can put down someones contact details as the GP it shouldn't be much of an issue.
How much did that cost out of interest?
£50 in the end, they actually sent me a copy of what they would send first, then sent the official paperwork to the police after payment.
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#12 Post by poll007 »

Odd Job wrote:
poll007 wrote: Wont make a difference i don't think, as long as the police can still get the report completed.
as an example, my GP couldn't(wouldn't) fill out the form from Kent police for my renewals, so i ended up just getting it done online from another GP anyway.
As long as you can put down someones contact details as the GP it shouldn't be much of an issue.
Did the GP refuse on "conscientious" grounds or costs?
Neither-Originally it was based on them not feeling qualified to perform an evaluation on someones suitability to own firearms (which is fair enough, and Kent police didn't make it very clear what was actually required of them)
in the end they were happy to give me a copy of all my medical notes, but couldn't figure out what the police wanted (the police equally didn't speak to them to clarify anything so i was stuck as a middle man relaying the info back and forth)
Odd Job

#13 Post by Odd Job »

Ta!
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.