Which single shot military straight pull conversion rifle

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

AL8

Re: Which single shot military straight pull conversion rifl

#11 Post by AL8 »

redcat wrote:
FredB wrote:Why get a conversion? Go for a rifle designed to be straight pull. such as the Schmidt Rubin.
Fred
+1 :good:

Redcat
+2 and they can be downloaded very easily
snayperskaya
Home club or Range: West Bank of the Volga.....

#12 Post by snayperskaya »

TattooedGun wrote:
snayperskaya wrote:Get yourself one of these.......
_20200316_134251.JPG
The fact it is a straight-pull doesn't really detract from it, extraction is as smooth as silk with steel or brass cased ammo and it will easily shoot sub-MOA with handloads if I do my part.The action is very smooth and trigger is two-stage with a 3lb pull and in the time I've had mine I have had zero problems with it.They hold their value, it turn heads and it has impressed everyone that has shot it.
Having shot a semi-auto version, I can see why you say it doesn't really detract from it.

I'm sure with some additional trigger time I could manage the recoil better, but I'm not sure whose great idea it was to use 7.62x54r in a semi-auto. Prone from a bipod the recoil put the sight picture in another post code after pulling the trigger... hahaha!
They get very manageable with practice and to be fair there's a reason the Russian military never issued them with a bipod, although the later OTs-03 SV-U bullpup variant had an integral bipod.Much better to shoot off-hand or with a front bag.
"The only real power comes out of a long rifle." - Joseph Stalin

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank.....give a man a bank and he can rob the world!.

More than a vested interest in 7.62x54r!
GeeRam
Home club or Range: PSC, Bisley

#13 Post by GeeRam »

I suppose in respect of the Schmidt Rubin's, the Swiss watch of bolt action riles, for some like myself, the lack of combat use and their place in military history leaves me completely cold about them.

A couple of the elderly club members when I first joined were huge K31 fans, and I had a go of one just after I finished probation, and it was indeed wonderful to shoot............but I just didn't get that sense of holding history in my hands.

I suspect that's why despite their excellence, they are cheap to buy when compared with Enfields, Mausers, 1903's, Mosin's etc.?

I wouldn't even consider one over a straight pull Garand, M1 Carbine, G43 etc.
FredB
Home club or Range: stourport

#14 Post by FredB »

There is anold story about the Swiss Ambassador to the 3rd Reich. At a reception in Berin, he was introduced to Hitler, "Ah yes!" said Hitler: "Switzerland! What is the population of your country?" "Just over two million" replied the ambassador. "Do you realise that next Monday morning I could put four million stormtroopers into your country? What would you do then?" The ambassador repied:" In that case, Herr Reichfuher, everybody would have to shoot twice!"
Hitler never invaded Switzerland.
Fred
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

#15 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
I believe that the following are available in single straight pull action
German G43 and a French Mas 49 I have looked but can find none.
GeeRam

#16 Post by GeeRam »

Mauserbill wrote:Hello
I believe that the following are available in single straight pull action
German G43 and a French Mas 49 I have looked but can find none.
German firm Sport Systeme Dittrich make a new build semi-auto G43 and I have heard they will make a UK compliant straight pull version, as they will do that for their MP44 copy and FG-42 copies.....but its not easy to find a company to act as intermediate with them. Valmont have brought in one of their straight pull MP44 and FG-42, so worth contacting them...........will NOT be cheap though!!!

http://www.ssd-weapon.com/k-43.html
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

#17 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello GeeRam
Thanks for the G43 information it really fits my bill and looks the "Dogs Bs" costly though may have to sell some of my collection.
Must give it serious it consideration along with a couple of others.
GeeRam

#18 Post by GeeRam »

FredB wrote:There is anold story about the Swiss Ambassador to the 3rd Reich. At a reception in Berin, he was introduced to Hitler, "Ah yes!" said Hitler: "Switzerland! What is the population of your country?" "Just over two million" replied the ambassador. "Do you realise that next Monday morning I could put four million stormtroopers into your country? What would you do then?" The ambassador repied:" In that case, Herr Reichfuher, everybody would have to shoot twice!"
Hitler never invaded Switzerland.
Fred
Switzerland as a neutral was more useful to Herr H as his banker, than if it had been occupied........
Hunterboy

#19 Post by Hunterboy »

I think the cliché was that the Swiss worked for a German victory but prayed for an Allied one.
dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#20 Post by dromia »

My Ross rifles are my favourite straight pulls.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/