Did someone mention lever action?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

Re: Did someone mention lever action?

#11 Post by Airbrush »

Have you had a chance to see if an after market trigger can be fitted or are you stuck with the stock trigger?
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#12 Post by Blackstuff »

I must admit i'm tempted by one of these, although would prefer a .45ACP or even better 10mm. :p
DVC
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#13 Post by poll007 »

I'd certainly like to get may hands on one to see how they got the internals working.

Bit out of my price range from the sounds of it but interesting none the less.

I'd also like to see one in .45acp with integral suppressor but doubt many would put up the cash to make that happen-who knows i can put it on the wish list.
shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#14 Post by shugie »

Zilberbak wrote:Yes it is a production picked up from Shooting Supplies, choice of 2. One was a fairly standard build sub 2K and the other was the one l bought at 2.5K with fluted barrel, etc. Purportedly a second batch of 25.

Hand size would dictate if you had to release grip on the handgrip, which l have to do with my Marlin and with this one as well.
Lever travel can not be that long, else it would bash the magazine, does it go much past the vertical? And what is the weight like, I did pick up one of SGC's ARs at a Shooting Show and was struck by how heavy it was, especially towards the front?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Zilberbak
Home club or Range: Cotswold Rifle Club, HBRA, Pipers & DRPC

#15 Post by Zilberbak »

A couple of shots showing full extent of lever movement and the machined bolt carrier.
Attachments
874DB1F1-9F25-417C-A7D0-2BABF120F769.jpeg
394D7AC4-6533-408C-B227-197B758BC19D.jpeg
Zilberbak

Vested interest in .22LR .357 9mm .223 .308 7.62x39 & 7.62x54R
Zilberbak

#16 Post by Zilberbak »

Weight is probably a little less than LR because of the bolt being smaller.

The trigger is the tuned option running at 4/4.5lbs feels fine to me (not tested quoted figure).
Zilberbak

shugie
Home club or Range: Sperry at Bisley

#17 Post by shugie »

Interesting, how in terms of ease of use, does it compare to a decent lever gun like a Marlin?
Careful now/that sort of thing
Zilberbak

#18 Post by Zilberbak »

A bit unfair to make a judgement as my Marlin and me are old buddies and it slips in to my shoulder easy as is the action. Give the SGC a few range visits to ease the action in and l expect there would little difference. All l can say is that it put a smile on face to shoot the SGC and very reminiscent of the LR except for no bolt slap as with the LR.

I am glad l got it when l did as l had a 9mm on ticket in anticipation of a LR replacement from somebody but SGC were just in time as my ticket is in for renewal and the 9mm might have been pulled. The moderators l have on are only being extended for 6 months.

I am glad l went for it as it’s a bit different and the straight pulls seem to be having issues and difficulties in coming to market. The build is as l said before solid and the bolt carrier machining looks very nice.
Zilberbak

Airbrush
Home club or Range: Nra

#19 Post by Airbrush »

Zilberbak wrote:A bit unfair to make a judgement as my Marlin and me are old buddies and it slips in to my shoulder easy as is the action. Give the SGC a few range visits to ease the action in and l expect there would little difference. All l can say is that it put a smile on face to shoot the SGC and very reminiscent of the LR except for no bolt slap as with the LR.

I am glad l got it when l did as l had a 9mm on ticket in anticipation of a LR replacement from somebody but SGC were just in time as my ticket is in for renewal and the 9mm might have been pulled. The moderators l have on are only being extended for 6 months.

I am glad l went for it as it’s a bit different and the straight pulls seem to be having issues and difficulties in coming to market. The build is as l said before solid and the bolt carrier machining looks very nice.
SGC's are certainly 'solid.' I've always thought the inability to change trigger groups on his 'special' rifles to be their biggest drawback.
poll007
Home club or Range: Deal & District

#20 Post by poll007 »

Zilberbak wrote:
I would agree- if i had the money i would pick this over the straight pulls going for the same amount.

because of the different grip and lever it would be interesting to see if this overcomes the typical issues people have with shooting lever actions while prone.