Something Black

Anything shooting related wanted.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All groups are welcome to post unless your user name is in Newly Registered Red, your post will be removed.
No disparaging remarks, if you don't like what you see then don't buy it.
Rifleman798

Re: Something Black

#11 Post by Rifleman798 »

CK,

Depends on how much you want to spend. If you have a few Bob spare I would seriously consider the Lantac Raven. I am looking forward to getting mine :D Paul is a top bloke to deal with, Knows his stuff and is passionate about what he does. If you want any details just ask.

James
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

#12 Post by 20series »

must admit it was a bit fussy on being clean otherwise it jammed a lot, If I was doing it again i'd probably spen a bit more and have a Spikes or similar. However the Smith and Wesson is supposed to be good fun for not much more money than the Colt
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Dangermouse

#13 Post by Dangermouse »

My 2 cents for what it is worth,

Make sure that you get to handle and strip any of these rifles before you part with cash. Be realistic about how many rounds you are likely to put through it and decide if the internals can handle the punishment. Give some thought to warranty and the availability of replacement parts out side of warranty. And should you be a competitive man, give some thought as to how easily and quickly it can be taken apart and cleaned/fixed.

I have a friend who has handles a few of these and after being disappointed with the failure rate of his GSG 5 decided to spend his money on a SIG from LANTAC.

I have seen the Spikes and they look great but I have a problem with spending as much if not more on a .22 when you could get a .223
I still keep looking at the SGC 9mm lever release. A pure fun gun is very tempting but the mags are bloomin expensive,

DM
Convict_keeper

#14 Post by Convict_keeper »

I'm not looking at sending a fortune, just something fun to put lead down range. I dont intend to shoot it in competitions

CK
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#15 Post by Mike357 »

Another £300 will get you a brand new, full mil spec CMMG!!!!!!
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Convict_keeper

#16 Post by Convict_keeper »

Mike357 wrote:Another £300 will get you a brand new, full mil spec CMMG!!!!!!

Hmm this is true, not read much on them though

CK
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#17 Post by Mike357 »

Check out Lantac's web site for details of the CMMG . The Raven is £1500 which just about made me choke when I found that out this afternoon. But is a quality gun.
Mike357

#18 Post by Mike357 »

Rifleman798 wrote:CK,

Depends on how much you want to spend. If you have a few Bob spare I would seriously consider the Lantac Raven. I am looking forward to getting mine :D Paul is a top bloke to deal with, Knows his stuff and is passionate about what he does. If you want any details just ask.

James
James, what is the lead time on a Raven? You are a lucky men and can't wait to see the pics.
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#19 Post by TattooedGun »

I've been thinking about selling my HK416 - only had a genuine 300 rounds through it (cci minimags)... been atleast bore snaked every time I've got back from the range, and its got a very nifty alu case - its also got a fake eotech and a handle that I'd throw in but theyre both pretty useless)...

I paid well over £820 for the lot...

be looking to recoup about £700 (which is less than new price for the rifle alone and £80 worth of alu hardcase...)

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Dangermouse wrote:
I still keep looking at the SGC 9mm lever release. A pure fun gun is very tempting but the mags are bloomin expensive,

DM
http://shop.lcjwholesalestore.com/32-Ro ... nd-9mm.htm

$12/£7!!!!!! And they ship direct to the UK (or they did earlier in the year) I think i'm going to buy more just because they're so cheap!
DVC