In preparation for the real thing

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Tower75

Re: In preparation for the real thing

#11 Post by Tower75 »

What's all this talk of 12 "gauge"! :D

Also, are we talking zombies that are animated by supernatural means, in which case nothing will stop them... apart from fire or salt for some reason. You could load up some rock-salt shells I guess.

Are we talking "virus" zombies which have the same weaknesses as us, head shot, spine shot etc, or simply "put enough lead in 'em, and they're go down" - In which case I would prefer the range of a rifle to a short-range shotgun.

Or are we talking about 28 days/weeks later zombies... if we are, we're all in the brown :? :lol:
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
j2112c

#12 Post by j2112c »

Tower.75 wrote:What's all this talk of 12 "gauge"! :D

Also, are we talking zombies that are animated by supernatural means, in which case nothing will stop them... apart from fire or salt for some reason. You could load up some rock-salt shells I guess.
:lol:

Did someone say fire? I said FIRE!!!!

It is an unusual but effective way to mark out the school atheltics field in the summer... we used to have creosote.... things move on I suppose... :lol: :lol: :clap:
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

So instead of semi-invulernable flesh eating zombies attacking you, you have semi-invulernable flesh eating flaming zombies attacking you!? :G :bad: :lol: If their respiratory system is no longer required for the zombies to 'live' the only use a flame thrower would be is to blind them but thats about it. Full-bore rifles for long range defence, semi-auto .22lrs and shotguns for short range :good: Don't forget to wear some type of safety glasses/goggles and a face mask to keep the spatter out of your mouth/eyes :-P :geek:
Last edited by Blackstuff on Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
DVC
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#14 Post by froggy »

Tower.75...

Thanks mate but no thanks...
Your comments ...
Just when I thought I had found a fool-proof reason to talk the miss into the absolute , I mean vital really ... need to invest some of the family loot in one of those Molot toy ...
you have no heart !!
:mrgreen:

Don't for get to wear some type of safety glasses/goggles and a face mask to keep the spatter out of your mouth/eyes
Is it why S10 were invented ??
Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

Guns for show, a shovel for a pro - get up close and personal is my motto.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
j2112c

#16 Post by j2112c »

ovenpaa wrote:Guns for show, a shovel for a pro - get up close and personal is my motto.

:clap: :clap: :lol: :lol:
Are you a former Spetznaz? :lol:
Tower75

#17 Post by Tower75 »

Tower.75...

Thanks mate but no thanks...
Your comments ...
Just when I thought I had found a fool-proof reason to talk the miss into the absolute , I mean vital really ... need to invest some of the family loot in one of those Molot toy ...
you have no heart !!
:lol:
Guns for show, a shovel for a pro - get up close and personal is my motto.
Really? Sweet, can I have your Krag then please? Yeah. Thanks. I'll give you my RFD's details for a transfer and I'll go down to BnQ and buy you a nice new shovel. And I mean a really nice shovel. :mrgreen:
Wait, so I can own a .55 calibre Boys anti-tank rifle, but not a .22 pistol?
froggy
Home club or Range: HPRP (UK) + Corsaires Malouins (France) + Czech Rep

#18 Post by froggy »

Re-

fire is not actually such a good idea ...

Want to shoot pistol ? Don't retreat... reload & run forward !!
http://dynamicshootingcz.co.uk/
Ovenpaa

#19 Post by Ovenpaa »

Tower.75 wrote:Really? Sweet, can I have your Krag then please? Yeah. Thanks. I'll give you my RFD's details for a transfer and I'll go down to BnQ and buy you a nice new shovel. And I mean a really nice shovel. :mrgreen:
Sweet?

SWEET!!

FFS man, you are asking me for my rifle, If it was my daughter it might have been different, but not my rifle. Sheesh
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
j2112c

#20 Post by j2112c »

Blackstuff wrote:So instead of semi-invulernable flesh eating zombies attacking you, you have semi-invulernable flesh eating flaming zombies attacking you!? :G :bad: :lol: If their respiratory system is no longer required for the zombies to 'live' the only use a flame thrower would be is to blind them but thats about it.
Ah, I think you must have missed the post I was responding to, where it was suggested there were a group of zombies that could only be dispatched by salt or fire... so unless you were planning to fill the 12ga with rock salt you better get your cardio up. :lol: :lol:

Fortunately Zombies are only the product of vivid imaginations..... though I must say I have worked with a few that I have wondered about... :lol:

Now you do all realise that on this small island we would need to set up concentration camps to industrially slaughter and incinerate such large numbers of necrocarnivors.... fun though it may be shooting the undead mother-in-laws... unless you want to reload for the next two decades (and be forced to live in a compound rather than in the open air)... we are going to need a processing plant with a clearance of 50k Zombies per day... (probably going to need a few of them dotted about) :lol:

I know of a building like that in this town 200 zombies a day walk in.... it is the local council office.

Day or Night Snuff 'em Out...

By the way... anyone here know how to switch off a nuclear power plant safely? They might be a problem. I could not find anything on the internet.