SOG Folding Shovel & Entrenching Tool

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Ovenpaa

Re: SOG Folding Shovel & Entrenching Tool

#11 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was saddened to read the article John, my condolences. However it was also a heart warming article, I think Marshall really pulled the stops out, fair play!

Does it sound as good as it looks, do you play in a band and if so does the Marshall go on the road with you, to me it looks far too nice to drag around in the back of a transit van!

EDIT - OK just found a clip of you and it, nice sound. :good:

DOUBLE EDIT - You have played these things before by the sound of it.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
j2112c

#12 Post by j2112c »

ovenpaa wrote:I was saddened to read the article John, my condolences. However it was also a heart warming article, I think Marshall really pulled the stops out, fair play!

Does it sound as good as it looks, do you play in a band and if so does the Marshall go on the road with you, to me it looks far too nice to drag around in the back of a transit van!

EDIT - OK just found a clip of you and it, nice sound. :good:

DOUBLE EDIT - You have played these things before by the sound of it.
:lol: :lol: :clap: :good:
Cheers mate, Marshall are the most amazing company ever, I went on a factory visit a few months ago and they serviced the Pink Panther free of charge and put a new set of valves in it... unreal. It sounds fantastic the 2204 is a classic amp for 1980s rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtgAP4nKqX0

It needs a firing range to let it breathe - sort of like having a Barret .50 for pinking in the garden! :lol: :lol:
I do not take it on the road, I have a Marshall JVM410 out and about.
:wave:
j2112c

#14 Post by j2112c »

Ah thank you Robin, it is very kind of you to say so.

The first clip was me improvising some fusion as I have just started lessons via Skype, so it was like a benchmark to see where I am in one years time (as I am a rock player and not a fusion player YET!)... the second clip was a solo I made for my last band.

Mis-spent youth, I played guitar when I should have been revising! :lol: :lol:
Robin128

#15 Post by Robin128 »

Got your degree all the same!

:good:
Dougan

#16 Post by Dougan »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtgAP4nKqX0

In the words of our 'Russian friend'...Now that's what I'm f*** talking about :good:
Gun Pimp

#17 Post by Gun Pimp »

Wow - we get some amazing postings on this forum!
Vince
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#18 Post by TattooedGun »

Amazing story John, and my condolances!

you certainly know how to make it sing!

I've been playing for about 10 years or so, and I still feel like a novice whenever I pickup a guitar...

I need to learn those scales you play... theyre in the key of virtuoso if I'm not mistaken! :55: :lol:
Robin128

#19 Post by Robin128 »

Scales are vital on any instrument...remember it well when I was a kid learning the piano...forgot it all now...except I always know when someone plays or sings out of key.

:)
TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

#20 Post by TattooedGun »

Lol, I know scales... mostly my majors, minors, pentatonics - I learnt a bit about music theory back when I did it at school GCSE and then college.

I was just taking the pee...

I definately need to learn more licks... finally starting to be able to know what notes are what around the neck in different scales... but still, its only half the battle... knowing what notes are there to play with is one thing, knowing when/how to play them, the hard part :(