Swing Mk4

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Dougan

Re: Swing Mk4

#11 Post by Dougan »

christel wrote:I would need to try that one day, please :)

How long is that barrel?
Of course you can have a go :good:

It's a 28" barrel - I did do a bit of recearch before I bought it, as my previous rifle had a 30" barrel, and they do seem to be the popular choice - Tests done (can't remember the full details) showed that the diffence to velocities isn't that great, and only really a minor (for TR targets) consideration at 1000 - as most of my TR is at 300 and 600, I was more interested in a nice comfortable stock, and a good trigger.
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

Hehe, she is only checking out the action because of it's history, gawd help me if she likes it... :o
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
IainWR
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#13 Post by IainWR »

ovenpaa wrote:Hehe, she is only checking out the action because of it's history, gawd help me if she likes it... :o
I love the history of the FN FAL, if she wants to check my history, or my action, I'm up for it, if she likes it gawd help me ...

Iain
Dougan

#14 Post by Dougan »

ovenpaa wrote:Hehe, she is only checking out the action because of it's history, gawd help me if she likes it... :o
I hope Chrisel loves it :twisted: ....It'll serve you right for sowing the F/TR seed...which could end up growing to be expencive one day.... ;)
Ovenpaa

#15 Post by Ovenpaa »

I doubt she would shoot F/TR - she prefers accurate rifles :run:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dougan

#16 Post by Dougan »

ovenpaa wrote:I doubt she would shoot F/TR - she prefers accurate rifles :run:
Yes quite the perfectionist...from what I hear :P

I actually meant sowing the seed for me - by not just you, but the forum in general...I'd never really thought about putting a scope on a full bore rifle :-P ...but right now I'm out of both 'shooting budget' and cabinet space...a common predicament ;)
HeatherW762

#17 Post by HeatherW762 »

Still got my Mk4 swing although, as it's still in TR mode, I don't use it at the moment but it's a great gun.

Heather
karen

#18 Post by karen »

Me and John Bloomfield recently worked out that at least 50% of the last 10 years Queens Prize and Grand Agg winners had used Swings!

So get out there and start winning!

Love

Karen
karen

#19 Post by karen »

IainWR wrote:
I love the history of the FN FAL, if she wants to check my history, or my action, I'm up for it, if she likes it gawd help me ...

Iain
I spend half the day on a train sitting opposite my husband wondering what he's doing on his laptop and then find out he's been spending his time making suggestive remarks to other women sweary

I hope you've cleared your cache darling :lol:

Love

karen
karen

#20 Post by karen »

Dougan wrote:
It's a 28" barrel
I had a 28" barrel with my first Swing - shot like a dream at short range but heap of s*** at 1000. Changed to a 30" and it was never quite so comfortable but it did shoot well at long range.

If you're only shooting short range it should be fine but wheres the challenge? Get out to 1000 (or even further) and enjoy yourself!

Love

Karen