New rifle

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Oundle R&PC

Re: New rifle

#11 Post by 20series »

ovenpaa wrote:What sort of a perso :lol: n starts a thread telling us all about one of Sanslems builds, forgets to take a picture and then buggers off? Sheesh I blame the forum Admin!
Hey you're right, thinking about it apart from you none of us have seen the mythical 22C is that another 'phantom' Sanselm build :lol:
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Douglas Adams, 1952-2001 RIP
Ovenpaa

#12 Post by Ovenpaa »

LMAO, Eagernoskills watched it in action end of October and I seem to rememebr it wa Gun of the Month in Target Shooter a couple of years ago...
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Mr_Logic

#13 Post by Mr_Logic »

Right, here is a particularly bad picture of the rifle. It has no scope yet because I need the bipod (coming from other half for Xmas) so I can set the eye relief right.

If you pester me around Xmas day I'm sure I can sort something out ;)

Also came with hard case, but not enough contrast to take the photo on the case, given the black stock.
IMG_0099.JPG
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by 20series »

Its alive!!!!!

Very nice
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools!!
Mr_Logic

#15 Post by Mr_Logic »

I'll be shooting it over at Oundle PDQ; I am presuming the next shoot over there isn't until the New Year; don't have the shoot dates for Dec to hand :(
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#16 Post by 20series »

Mr_Logic wrote:I'll be shooting it over at Oundle PDQ; I am presuming the next shoot over there isn't until the New Year; don't have the shoot dates for Dec to hand :(
Are you on the email list?? Theres a guest day on boxing day
Mr_Logic

#17 Post by Mr_Logic »

No, don't seem to be on the mailing list, need to have a word with john about that...

Boxing day might be a good plan :) Although I suspect I won't be the only person planning on attending...
Christel
Site Admin

#18 Post by Christel »

Wow, you do have a rifle :)

Very good.

:clap:

Next is we need to know how it shoots!

Have you got the accutrigger in that rifle?
20series
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#19 Post by 20series »

Mr_Logic wrote:No, don't seem to be on the mailing list, need to have a word with john about that...

Boxing day might be a good plan :) Although I suspect I won't be the only person planning on attending...
Sadly I'm under orders on boxing day and will be dragging over to my sister in laws :bad:
Mr_Logic

#20 Post by Mr_Logic »

christel wrote:Wow, you do have a rifle :)

Very good.

:clap:

Next is we need to know how it shoots!

Have you got the accutrigger in that rifle?
Yep I do, I am a big fan of them. There are better triggers out there, but the price is good and I find them very reassuring - even set amazingly light, they do not actually send the firing pin forward if they fail to cock properly, and it's a very nice little safety feature. This is especially true since I had the unhappy experience of a cadet letting rip with my old Remington .223 while loading it - despite countless warnings, he had his finger on the trigger as we loaded the round - cue one 69gr 224 bullet whizzing up into the sky at about 45 degrees. Still, nothing in any paper so I think he got lucky!