US raffling off M24 Remingtons

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Griff

Re: US raffling off M24 Remingtons

#11 Post by Griff »

Gaz, sqn / unit? Where is you'se from? lol I hate it when I can't identify cadety shooty people lol
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

Gaz wrote:
Sim G wrote: I think it's likely that a lot of mothballed L85A1s became L98A2s but I don't know for sure.

According to a fella in our club that is what happened. He was a 24 year REME armourer who has been for the last 15 years the senior civilian armourer at one of the South East's largest military ranges. He was somewhat pi$$ed that he had had his "stock" (he really thinks all the weapons belong to him!!! :lol: ) of pristine L85A1's taken from him for "kids" to shoot that "grown men" in civilian clubs couldn't. Likewise, he presided over the destruction of L98A1's that could very easily have been relaesed onto the UK S.1 market......

Either way, "children" in the UK are now trusted with S.5 firearms whilst we are not and we are not deemed fit to their "cast offs"..... :bad:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
CormieAckImp

#13 Post by CormieAckImp »

Sim G you should be thankful they're cutting up the Cadet GPs! Without doubt the worst Rifle I have ever used! The cocking handle arrangement was clearly an afterthought and the lower to upper relationship was tenuous at best! To summarise; s***.