Zombie Ammo

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

Re: Zombie Ammo

#11 Post by Mike357 »

mr smith wrote:
Mike357 wrote:I'm going to run a a 3 Gun Zombie Match at the end of the summer. Will try to make it an open match but need committee approval. Will be a move and shoot event along the lines of the Zombie Association of America matches.

Which housing scheme are you thinking of using Mike.................. :run:
Erm, Down the road in Douglas I think! :0037:
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#12 Post by Mike357 »

Grant, as I got the name wrong, here you go. http://zombieshootersassociation.com/
mr smith
Home club or Range: Dundee Rifle and Pistol Club

#13 Post by mr smith »

Mike357 wrote:
mr smith wrote:
Mike357 wrote:I'm going to run a a 3 Gun Zombie Match at the end of the summer. Will try to make it an open match but need committee approval. Will be a move and shoot event along the lines of the Zombie Association of America matches.

Which housing scheme are you thinking of using Mike.................. :run:
Erm, Down the road in Douglas I think! :0037:

Sound,not far from me..................... :0037:
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#14 Post by Sandgroper »

Mike357 wrote:Grant, as I got the name wrong, here you go. http://zombieshootersassociation.com/
Yep, got it Mike. Looks good. :good:

I'm guessing the three gun will be Gallery Rifle, Centre Fire and Shotgun? What ammo count are you thinking of - 20, 30, 45 or 45+?

I like the fact they're not taking themselve too seriously.
ZSA CLASSIFICATION

CAN’T EAT ME <42 SECONDS

MIDNIGHT SNACK 42.01-50.00 SECONDS

DINNER 50.01- 65.00 SECONDS

LUNCH 65.01-85.00 SECONDS

BRUNCH 85.01-120.00 SECONDS

BREAKFAST 120.01-240.00 SECONDS

QUICKY MEAL >240.01 SECONDS
and
The basic concept is to have safe, competitive fun.

These matches are to get new shooters out to compete in a safe, laid back, fun environment, while giving the higher end shooter some more trigger time.

Stages should try to simulate real Zombie attack situations whenever possible, and many great stage ideas can be found in the movies.

Matches shall be open to any and all LEGAL, living, non infected US Citizens without regard to age, gender, race, political affiliation or religion. Physically handicapped folks are more than welcome and MD’s shall make every effort to aid and assist such people to compete. No alcohol or mind altering drugs allowed at all prior to or during any match.

As this is designed to be family oriented, please refrain from bad language and t-shirts of poor taste, MD’s make the call on this, use your heads.
It's got my thumbs up. :good: :clap: :grin:

Prepare. Be Zombie Aware. :twisted:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Chuck

#15 Post by Chuck »

mike, yep guns and fun go together in the US, the UK is way too retentive these days.

APiley and Grenock sound like good locations, plenty of reactive targets..but only on giro day.

I wonder how these would go down in the UK?

right little bleeders they are.

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_ps.asp ... 000~040300
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
Mike357

#16 Post by Mike357 »

Some sections of.society would have a hairy fit! Me, I love em!
Dave 101

#17 Post by Dave 101 »

Chuck wrote:mike, yep guns and fun go together in the US, the UK is way too retentive these days.

APiley and Grenock sound like good locations, plenty of reactive targets..but only on giro day.

I wonder how these would go down in the UK?

right little bleeders they are.

http://www.letargets.com/estylez_ps.asp ... 000~040300
Yep far too retentive , zombie targets are not allowed as they are humanoid , anything humanoid shaped is not allowed as a target in the UK :cry: What load of botox . These are the rules made by shooters , same as your not allowed to wear cammo , very un pc .

Dave
Mike357

#18 Post by Mike357 »

Dave, I brought the subject up a while ago about what targets are allowed. After some debate we couldn't decide who made theft rule up. Is it a rule, a law or just a gentlemans agreement. Can you shed any light on this?
Dave 101

#19 Post by Dave 101 »

Hi Mike

Iam not sure of the exact names authorities but this is my take on it , I never shot Pratical pistol but I did get into mini rifle and PSG these were started by the ex PP shooters and from what I heard these sports are governed from olympic standards , for want of a better fraze , so all clubs come under this ruling thats why the coffin lid targets were designed to replace the targets with a head box , things like the Elvis target were replaced with swirly pattern , and the 1500 target just became a black oval , as far as I know it is only Police and Military who are to use humanoid targets .
I know this is all a bit hear say but even a couple of years ago when the internet print outs were available of certain rag heads we were told at the club they werent allowed .
If you look here IPSC rules on targets http://www.ipsc.org/rules/
When I started PSG we were told UKPSA rules no cammos because it was a sport and had to be PC . Their rules not mine , I suppose if your not shooting comps please yourself .
Bow[ target ] hunters can use 3D models of animals for targets and no one seems to have a problem with that .

Dave
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Sandgroper »

Dave 101 wrote: Bow[ target ] hunters can use 3D models of animals for targets and no one seems to have a problem with that .
Even though bow hunting is illegal in the UK!

Mike,
Your comp, your rules! :shakeshout:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.