SHOW US YOUR SPIKES TACTICAL RIFLES

All things rimfire including target, benchrest, hunters, semi autos and plinkers.

Moderator: dromia

jackpoint

Re: SHOW US YOUR SPIKES TACTICAL RIFLES

#11 Post by jackpoint »

I Imported mine - used a company called ALPHAOPTICS in Canada. Very efficient and pleasant to deal with.....and the price was keen too.
I seem to remember it turned up in under ten days which was the icing on the cake.
Sim G

#12 Post by Sim G »

Does the bolt assist and the bolt catch work on the Spike's, or just for show like all of the others, save for S&W?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
PCal

#13 Post by PCal »

I am quite keen to get a .22 AR15, have been looking at the CMMG versions for sale from Lanner Tactical. Does any one have any recommendations on what to get AR15 wise?

Many thanks in advance,

Paul.
Ginger

#14 Post by Ginger »

For your Eo-Tech check out

Viking Arms
Lanner Tactical http://www.lannertactical.com/LanTac-On ... ptics.html

Becareful about purchasing it via Canada because you are basically in breach of the US Gov export restrictions, I believe that because this is a 'military' sight then you require a DSP 83 end user declaration which means you cannot resell it, obviously dealers have a different document but that might restrict selling it on out fo the country.

Saying that the Canadian on is £400 plus P&P / insurance and VAT but if you get any issues its sending it back so it might be better to purchase it from within the UK like I did.

No sure how far you have looked at the specs for the Eo-Tech but there are different models, I have the 552 NV (as it has Night Vision button the Yanks get very squeaky bum about exporting it to a unknown end user),but if you don't have night vision the 512 might do @ £499.

If it's all a bit steep check out http://www.RSOV.com http://www.rsov.com/product.php?langId= ... 9&cateId=0 (this is just one on their site), and they are clones for £44 inc p&p, I know someone who has one on his AK .223 who said its okay.

also if you are getting one for a AR and you have the A frame foresight think about how you want to co witness, as you might want to think about a riser rail.

Hope that helps
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#15 Post by Blackstuff »

The prices of Eotechs/Aimpoints, even from the US makes my eyes water. I can only assume that because they are primarily/originally military and police suppliers their prices have been vastly inflated simply because they can (just like ACOG's). ****

I've just ordered (and will hopefully get before the weekend fingerscrossed ) a Burris Fastfire 3 which was £145 from the US(excluding import duty and parcelfarce's 'release fee' whatever the hell that is?!) but even with those it will still be a good £50 cheaper than in the UK. This is about all i'm willing to spend on a red dot, having pulled a few apart in my time it's the all they are worth and then some! kukkuk

I've had one of those chinese Eotechs knock offs but got rid of it straight away as it wouldn't zero and the screws that held on the protective hood stripped almost immediately :bad: I do know someone who uses one on a shotgun though and he seems to get on with it fine
DVC
Sim G

#16 Post by Sim G »

So, does anyone know? Does the bolt assist and bolt release work or are they for show?
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

#17 Post by dromia »

I'd just get a nice Martini action proper .22 Simon, a lot simpler, more accurate and a lot less grief and speculation.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
jackpoint

#18 Post by jackpoint »

Sim G wrote:So, does anyone know? Does the bolt assist and bolt release work or are they for show?
They just look purdy as far as I can see - bolt release and last round hold open would be nice but cant really see any need for the forward assist on a .22...
No worries on the accuracy front :good:
Sim G

#19 Post by Sim G »

Strangely enough, was using a mates Colt/Umarex M4 and we were getting rid of some bulk SMK ammo that had a fairly heavy coating of lube. One round didn't chamber properly and I immediately went for the bolt assist. It didn't work on his either......

So, the Spikes doesn't have a last round, hold open on top of faux bolt catch and bolt assist?

Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#20 Post by Blackstuff »

Sim G wrote:Strangely enough, was using a mates Colt/Umarex M4 and we were getting rid of some bulk SMK ammo that had a fairly heavy coating of lube. One round didn't chamber properly and I immediately went for the bolt assist. It didn't work on his either......
Probably a good thing too on a rimfire!! :o :run:
DVC