RAF, Lloyds bank and HWRA @ Bisley 3,6,9 & 1000 yards 9/6/12

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

TattooedGun
Home club or Range: Dudley Rifle Club, WNSC, UKPSA, Bromsgrove

Re: RAF, Lloyds bank and HWRA @ Bisley 3,6,9 & 1000 yards 9/

#11 Post by TattooedGun »

Haha, I'm not entirely sure I'd have that much money to come back with from holiday... however, I do have a credit card! :p

How much is the temp membership (Or full membership)? and how do I apply for the membership and imperial?
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#12 Post by bnz41 »

Seems like you had a nice day, bobbob and I were on target 101 all day and noticed members of the various shooting teams to our left. While taking a break I noticed a gentleman slumped over by a table/frame (I now know as Harry Thompson) I went over and asked if he was ok, he said going to have a little sleep. I told him I would keep an eye on him. Not long later he was packing his stuff away and seemed fine.
Last edited by bnz41 on Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TattooedGun

#13 Post by TattooedGun »

bnz41 wrote:Seems like you had a nice day, bobbob and I were on target 101 all day and noticed members of the various shooting teams to our left. While taking a break I notice a gentleman slumped over by a table/frame (I now know as Harry Thompson) I went over and asked if he was ok, he said going to have a little sleep. I told him I would keep an eye on him. Not long later he was packing his stuff away and seemed fine.
Did see you guys over there, wondered if any of you were on full-bore... I was going to post the night before and ask if anyone was down for a rendezvous, but theres next to no signal down at the caravan and I couldnt be bothered with the rigmerole of trying to get my boing to log in to the forum :(

Harry had a little nap in his car when he got up to 600 and after that he seemed right as rain! he said he didnt get a good nights sleep and he wasnt feeling great at 300. :bad:
karen

#14 Post by karen »

OK go to
http://nra.org.uk/

Click on Users drop down menu and register as a user

Then you can enter Imperial from there (top left of page once you have logged in) or from home page - you will need to pay £50 (I think) Meeting Membership but then contact Heather or Nick and ask if you can transfer that to individual membership. Fill in membership forms and you should then get a refund from your Imperial entry when you collect your cards but you will need to ask Heather or Nick to ask the Competitions Dept to change your membership status once you have been accepted.

Click on the Membership dropdown menu for all the forms you need but if you have an FAC or are a member of a HO approved club it should be very straightforward.

Hope that makes sense

Love

karen
bnz41
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#15 Post by bnz41 »

Should have worn my F-Bore hoddie, but it was rather warm. Glad he was ok after a sleep :good:
TattooedGun

#16 Post by TattooedGun »

karen wrote:OK go to

Then you can enter Imperial from there (top left of page once you have logged in) or from home page - you will need to pay £50 (I think) Meeting Membership but then contact Heather or Nick and ask if you can transfer that to individual membership. Fill in membership forms and you should then get a refund from your Imperial entry when you collect your cards but you will need to ask Heather or Nick to ask the Competitions Dept to change your membership status once you have been accepted.

Click on the Membership dropdown menu for all the forms you need but if you have an FAC or are a member of a HO approved club it should be very straightforward.

Hope that makes sense

Love

karen
I hate these forms!! Its why I missed out on the smallbore meet last year too! they get so complicated.

I don't have a class.... atleast, I don't know what it is, I've not long started, so I don't know what class I'd be in? the bottom class... which ones that? :(

My club is Dudley, but I guess it would be the affiliated club of HWRA? or not? I can't find dudley in the list even though we have an NRA affiliation number :/ and secondary? I don't have a secondary :(

I've applied for a membership pack, not sure what else I can do :/

Why is it so confusing, and why are there no tips for things like the classes? theres a tip link bt it just shows what other people are in!
rox

#17 Post by rox »

TattooedGun wrote:
karen wrote:OK go to

Hope that makes sense

Love

karen
I hate these forms!! Its why I missed out on the smallbore meet last year too! they get so complicated.

I don't have a class.... atleast, I don't know what it is, I've not long started, so I don't know what class I'd be in? the bottom class... which ones that? :(

My club is Dudley, but I guess it would be the affiliated club of HWRA? or not? I can't find dudley in the list even though we have an NRA affiliation number :/ and secondary? I don't have a secondary :(

I've applied for a membership pack, not sure what else I can do :/

Why is it so confusing, and why are there no tips for things like the classes? theres a tip link bt it just shows what other people are in!

If you have never appeared in a prize list before then you will be class 'T'.

Edit: unless you are an overseas international etc.
Ovenpaa

#18 Post by Ovenpaa »

Great write up and pictures TG, it sounds like a brilliant day was had by all :clap:
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
karen

#19 Post by karen »

Yep class T

If you cant find your club in the list just leave it blank and then put it in the comment box at the end

Love

karen
TattooedGun

#20 Post by TattooedGun »

I'm still waiting to hear back about accommodation from Mo, as if I have to pay for that too, then its really not viable (if I werent going to spend $1000's shooting full auto in America, I'd be there in a flash!)...

Hopefully I'll know within the next few days and get signed up and what not fingerscrossed