The Blackgun at 1000 yards

Made or missed the shot of a lifetime? Share your shooting trips with everyone. Tell us about it. We won't laugh, honest!

Moderator: dromia

kennyc
Home club or Range: hunters NRPC

Re: The Blackgun at 1000 yards

#11 Post by kennyc »

ovenpaa wrote:
kennyc wrote:you should try the GGG Dave really consistant at longer ranges
How far have you shot GGG out to? I only had the Russian stuff with me, the good news is it shoots fine at shorter distances and cycles nicely in my rifle. I struggled with the bowl as I could not see the marker square at 1000 which did not help matters. The only 'scope with a 30mm tube I have that could go on it is a 42X Nightforce, ideally I need something in-between and maybe build some ammunition and try again properly.

I will see if I can pick some GGG up next time I am at Bisley.
only out to 600 I'm not sure the NRA would appreciate me trying 1000 with an AUG although at 600 the GGG is noticeably tighter grouping
Dougan

#12 Post by Dougan »

meles meles wrote:hmmm, looks like Dougan's bath has brain washed him too ! We used to think he was one of those rare black squirrels but it seems it was just a caking of soot and unburnt powder...

:lol:
Yes, as you can see, I've sorted the sooting problem with my Mauser now.....

...also he's a portly little fellow...so seemed apt :lol:
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#13 Post by Blackstuff »

The 55gr Barnaul i tried in both my AR-15 when i had it and in my AUG 'patterned' rather than grouped :roll: , i'd only give it to someone who was going to be shooting at me! :squirrel: :lol:
DVC