FirearmsUK - Unity 2015

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

dromia
Site Admin
Home club or Range: The Highlands of Scotland. Cycling Proficiency 1964. Felton & District rifle club. Teesdale Pistol and Rifle club.

Re: FirearmsUK - Unity 2015

#141 Post by dromia »

Could you tell me what you think is changing.

Come on Bambi get some

Imperial Good Metric Bad
Analogue Good Digital Bad

Fecking stones

Real farmers don't need subsidies

Cow's farts matter!

For fine firearms and requisites visit

http://www.pukkabundhooks.com/
Mike357
Home club or Range: NRA, Bisley, Dundee Rifle & Pistol Club & Bishop Auckland GC

#142 Post by Mike357 »

So glad you two have kissed and made up cheers clapclap lollol
It's not the pace of life that concerns me, it's the sudden stop at the end!
safetyfirst

#143 Post by safetyfirst »

If that were true it'd be the first time two people have kissed and made up in the whole history of Internet forums.

Which gives us all hope.
DaveFirearmsUK

#144 Post by DaveFirearmsUK »

dromia wrote:Could you tell me what you think is changing.

Sure, from my own personal point of view I feel that many younger people are open to the idea of firearms ownership and would like to see laws relaxed. They may not be swayed by emotion. This is just my own experiences.

On a larger scale I think things are changing because some of the biggest supporters of our .22 petition were organisations like BASC, SACS and the Countryside Alliance. .22 pistols would mainly benefit target shooting so I presume organisations like the NRA, PSA NSRA would benefit the most yet these organisations put in time and effort in supporting something for the greater good of shooting despite it not really being part of their remit. To me this does show positive changes and a greater unity that may not have been present 20 years ago?
BaconButty

#145 Post by BaconButty »

To echo what was said here, there are quite a few younger shooters at my club now, there were a lot of young people and kids at phoenix and Multi and 3 gun type matches seem to be on the up. .22 target pistol would sit well.
DaveFirearmsUK

#146 Post by DaveFirearmsUK »

Hello Everyone,

Just a brief update.

We are very happy to announce that UKPSA, BASC and the Countryside Alliance have all pledged their support regarding Unity 2015. I understand they will be contacting the relevant Government ministers and MPs pledging their support and asking for changes to allow .22 pistol shooting to flourish once more.

Firearms UK are very grateful for their generous support and hope it helps encourage other shooters and organisations to join with us in lobbying.
ordnance

#147 Post by ordnance »

Are we talking about anyone in a club could apply and own a .22 pistol for target shooting, and like other firearms they have to be kept at home. Or something different. ?
DaveFirearmsUK

#148 Post by DaveFirearmsUK »

Yes on the same terms as current section 1.
SevenSixTwo

#149 Post by SevenSixTwo »

Indeed - because the "concealability" excuse is BS.
See NI for details...
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#150 Post by Blackstuff »

SevenSixTwo wrote:Indeed - because the "concealability" excuse is BS.
See NI for details...
BS indeed. Firstly, concealment of the gun has never been a factor in any of the mass shootings in this country, and secondly you can buy a long coat and conceal most S1 firearms anyway 8-)
DVC