How old are you?

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.

How old are you?

Under 20
1%
20-29
14%
30-39
18%
40-49
30%
50-59
23%
60-69
11%
Over 70
2%

Total votes: 560

WelshShooter
Full-Bore UK Supporter

Re: How old are you?

#141 Post by WelshShooter »

I'm 25 years old and am well below the average age across all three clubs I'm a member of. My local university has a .22 target competitive club and they train at one of the aforementioned clubs which is nice to see. Sadly, such a club did not exist while I was at that exact same university but I'm glad that it's gaining popularity.

I have loads of friends who would like to try but unfortunately two of the clubs do not partake in regular guest/open days and the other club requires MOD clearance. Many of my friends would also not have the patience required for waiting through probationary, FAC etc. so that doesn't really help getting the younger generation involved in the sport.
Christel
Site Admin

#142 Post by Christel »

Browning_grrl wrote:
poll007 wrote:At 20 I'm one of the younger few at my club, but we are getting more young shooters each year thanks to the shooting societies at university, as well as younger shooters dragging their friends to join them

Jesus, I have sweaters older than that...... I am SO depressed....... :cry:
lol lol signfunnypost
Hunter87

#143 Post by Hunter87 »

Old enough to know better.....
daman
Home club or Range: HRPC, NRA, BASC, BDS, Larbert, UKPSA

#144 Post by daman »

Staring down the barrel of the .50 8-)
Who? Me? Really?
scanbran

#145 Post by scanbran »

Mid-forties or thereabouts....relieved to see from the poll that puts me in the most common age group on here ;)
claytont

#146 Post by claytont »

I've noticed quite a few younger members at my local club. I'm 40+ but my mate from work is mid 20's and joined at the same time.
Sailor

#147 Post by Sailor »

I am one of the younger ones at my club but there are a few younger than me. I've noticed before on some nights you see lads popping down to shoot after school. There's also a few parents that bring their teenage kids with them.
The majority of members do have 20+ years on me though, and have all given me loads of advice over the couple of years I've been there.
Marktattoo

#148 Post by Marktattoo »

45 years old this year
Chrisbaker42

#149 Post by Chrisbaker42 »

A lot of the members I have met at my club are even older than my 64 years
rcaudwell

#150 Post by rcaudwell »

Voted (38) but also take my daughter (12) when I shoot. New to non shotgun shooting, so something we can learn together. Most at my club older than me though, and very few teenagers, which is a shame.