Guntrader leak

Anything shooting related including law and procedure questions.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Should your post be in Grumpy Old Men? This area is for general shooting related posts only please.
Mauserbill
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Range

Re: Guntrader leak

#151 Post by Mauserbill »

Hello
As cluso says its a ploy, probably same company same people, makes it difficult to take any action against a company that no longer exists and with presumably no assets.
Polchraine

#152 Post by Polchraine »

Brian838 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:06 pm I've been informed that Guntrader have gone into liquidation and a new company 'Guntrader 2' has been setup.

You are right:

GUNTRADER.CO.UK Ltd became GUNTRADER.UK Ltd in Dec 2015 in line with TLD changes and is still in existence but went into voluntary liquidation on 20th October: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/3905852/

The new company is called GUNTRADER MEDIA Ltd https://find-and-update.company-informa ... ng-history and previously (for a few weeks) it was known as GUNTRADER2.UK Ltd

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#153 Post by Blackstuff »

They've obviously been watching episodes of 'Can't Pay, We'll Take It Away'!
DVC
Sim G

#154 Post by Sim G »

Can’t say I really blame them. GT started over 20 years ago. Some of us got to “know” Alexander when the seeds of this forum was over here. Yes, there is an obligation placed upon him to protect personal information that he has collected in the course of his business. There is nothing to say that he did not abide by this obligation. On this occasion the “thief” bested his efforts.

Imagine your house being burgled despite your locks, alarm and CCTV and your insurance company telling you they’re not paying out because your security was beaten?

There is however a valuable lesson. Be very, very careful what information you give online. My email address was taken from the GT attack, so it’s changed. No other true information was on there. And there are those calling for “compensation”?!!! FFS.

Leave a bicycle on your own front garden overnight and see what Direct Line will say the following morning. Take some personal responsibility for your private information the same was you would your other belongings.
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Brian838
Home club or Range: Offa's Dyke.

#155 Post by Brian838 »

Sim G wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:40 am Can’t say I really blame them. GT started over 20 years ago. Some of us got to “know” Alexander when the seeds of this forum was over here. Yes, there is an obligation placed upon him to protect personal information that he has collected in the course of his business. There is nothing to say that he did not abide by this obligation. On this occasion the “thief” bested his efforts.

Imagine your house being burgled despite your locks, alarm and CCTV and your insurance company telling you they’re not paying out because your security was beaten?

There is however a valuable lesson. Be very, very careful what information you give online. My email address was taken from the GT attack, so it’s changed. No other true information was on there. And there are those calling for “compensation”?!!! FFS.

Leave a bicycle on your own front garden overnight and see what Direct Line will say the following morning. Take some personal responsibility for your private information the same was you would your other belongings.
That wasn't his data to loose. If you borrowed a friends bicycle which then got stolen from your front garden overnight, you'd be a sh*tty friend if you told them "be careful what you lend people". You would do the right thing and buy that person another bike or at least compensate them in some way.
Geek
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Diggle Range and Rossendale Fusiliers

#156 Post by Geek »

Regards,

Geek

AI AT (.308/6.5CM), Ruger PR (6.5CM), American Rimfire (.22LR), Remington 700 (.223), Marlin underlever .38/.357/.44, Savage 6BR, RimfireMagic .22LR, Fabarm Lion (s1), Fabarm Axis Baikal S/S
Brian838

#157 Post by Brian838 »

Geek wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:44 pm Interesting article:

https://dailyuknews.com/tech/guntrader- ... quidators/
And nothing stopping them doing the same thing again I guess.
Pete
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA Bisley

#158 Post by Pete »

"100,000 UK gun owners’ home addresses were culled from the site’s databases"..........really?

How do they know they are gun owners?.....you only had to register and pay to place an ad, not to buy......

Pete
"Tantum religio potuit suadere malorum" Lucretius
You're offended? Please explain why your inability to control your emotions translates into me having to censor my opinions....
Mattnall
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: NRA, Redricks TSC, BS1944RC, HRA

#159 Post by Mattnall »

Brian838 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:37 pm That wasn't his data to loose. If you borrowed a friends bicycle which then got stolen from your front garden overnight, you'd be a sh*tty friend if you told them "be careful what you lend people". You would do the right thing and buy that person another bike or at least compensate them in some way.
From what I understand it is more like the friend's bike you borrowed was left in the locked garage but the thief broke in and took it. Any financial loss should be compensated for via insurance, your friend wouldn't bankrupt you because of it.

I wonder how many of those trying to take action against GT are just doing it because they see a possible financial gain and not because of any actual loss.
Arming the Country, one gun at a time.

Good deals with Paul101, Charlotte the flyer, majordisorder, Charlie Muggins, among others. Thanks everybody.
Brian838

#160 Post by Brian838 »

Mattnall wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 am
Brian838 wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:37 pm That wasn't his data to loose. If you borrowed a friends bicycle which then got stolen from your front garden overnight, you'd be a sh*tty friend if you told them "be careful what you lend people". You would do the right thing and buy that person another bike or at least compensate them in some way.
From what I understand it is more like the friend's bike you borrowed was left in the locked garage but the thief broke in and took it. Any financial loss should be compensated for via insurance, your friend wouldn't bankrupt you because of it.

I wonder how many of those trying to take action against GT are just doing it because they see a possible financial gain and not because of any actual loss.
You'd like to think a reputable company would have public liability insurance just like a sensible person would have home and contents insurance for the stolen bike. I'd also like to have some money towards the 700 quid I've shelled out on extra security because of this.