Motorised case preperation station

This section is for reloading and ammunition only, all loads found in here are used strictly at your own risk, if in doubt ask again.
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should treated as suspect and not used.

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
All handloading data posted on Full-Bore UK from 23/2/2021 must reference the published pressure tested data it was sourced from, posts without such verification will be removed.
Any existing data without such a reference should be treated as suspect and not used.

Use reloading information posted here at your own risk. This forum (http://www.full-bore.co.uk) is not responsible for any property damage or personal injury as a consequence of using reloading data posted here, the information is individual members findings and observations only. Always verify the load data and be absolutely sure your firearm can handle the load, especially older ones. If in doubt start low and work your way up.
Ovenpaa

Re: Motorised case preparation station

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

I mentioned the DIY idea to my sparky at work, he went a bit misty eyed and said "yea it would work, how about using a light dimmer switch to control the speed"
Might be an idea?
My motor is 24v DC so a dimmer switch is not an option but for a 240v motor it could be worth looking at.
Anyway, do you old boys not have a record player sat in the corner that you could adapt?
Obviously this comment was not aimed at me given my modest age, and anyway what are record players? I will refrain from answering...

OK, ok, yes so I do have a record player but it is a Linn Sondek lp12 with an Ittok arm, Stilton cartridge and Viking PSU and is my pride and joy, albeit currently in storage in DK with the rest of system...

(That was me going misty eyed) :D
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

Re: Motorised case preperation station

#22 Post by Dangermouse »

(Blooming quick) Reply from Sinclairs

David,
Have not heard as of yet if we will be carrying this product. We are carrying more and more Lyman
products each catalog.Once we get our hands on one and evaluate it, we will know more.

If there is anything we can do to assist at any time, please let us know!

Thank you and good shooting!
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

That was very quick, I usually get my replies at gone nine at night from Sinclairs.

Well my motor looks nice, I need to build an end plate for it this weekend and get it mounted then I can decide on what I am going to stick in the end and how.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
TobyH

#24 Post by TobyH »

I'm lucky in that mine is 240v and already has the variable speed/on/off switch, but I'm not sure what the revs are going to be like.

I also need to do something about the drive end, think some kind of chuck attachment would work best...
"Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down." - Dick Sharples
Ovenpaa

#25 Post by Ovenpaa »

I was thinking of a shortened hex screw driver holder as you can get all sorts of things to fit in them, either that or a 3/8" chuck, or both!
/d

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#26 Post by Ovenpaa »

A spare hour in the workshop this afternoon and this is what I have, call it work in progress to test the concept, base is English Oak and I may just give it a coat of varnish and leave it at that 8-)
Next job is shorten the output shaft back a tad and I think I will just fit a small keyless chuck to hold what ever I use in it.
photo1.JPG
photo.JPG
/d

Shed Journal
TobyH

#27 Post by TobyH »

Nice. How do chucks attach to shafts? Is it threaded? My shaft looks very similar except I have a flat bit on mine as well.
"Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down." - Dick Sharples
Alpha1

#28 Post by Alpha1 »

Re inventing the wheel comes to mind Midway UK as this offer on at the moment.

Hornady Lock-N-Load Power Case Prep Assistant 110/220 Volt

The Hornady Lock-N-Load Case Prep Assistant helps to make case prep faster and easier without taking up valuable real estate on the reloading bench. This US made unit is assembled with a quite, high-torque, low speed DC motor housed in a durable brushed aluminum housing to provide years of dependable use. Comes shipped with both a chamfer and deburring tool with plenty of onboard storage for optional accessories.

Technical Information:

Material: Aluminum Housing
Voltage: Plug has both adaptors for 110 Volt and 220 Volt outlets
Accessories: Comes with a chamfering head and deburring head but will work with all Hornady tools that thread into a handle
Features: One point turning center, takes any 8-32 threaded tool

Product: 321605
Vendor: 050155
Price : £ 99.99 Sale
Sale Expires Feb. 7, 2011
hornady.jpg
hornady.jpg (16.77 KiB) Viewed 775 times
Ovenpaa

#29 Post by Ovenpaa »

Alpha1 wrote:Re inventing the wheel comes to mind Midway UK as this offer on at the moment.

Hornady Lock-N-Load Power Case Prep Assistant 110/220 Volt
<snip>
Price : £ 99.99 Sale
Sale Expires Feb. 7, 2011
Nice. I just fancied making my own, it has cost me under a tenner so far so nothing ventured nothing gained.
Nice. How do chucks attach to shafts? Is it threaded? My shaft looks very similar except I have a flat bit on mine as well.
Probably turn a bush up that is threaded to take the chuck, and press it onto the shaft.
/d

Shed Journal
Dangermouse

Re: Motorised case preparation station

#30 Post by Dangermouse »

Re the Lyman case pres xpress and Sinclair's.
I have finally had a chance to sit down with the new catalogue that arrived earlier in the week and just inside the back cover they are announcing that they will be selling it soon.

I am pretty confident one will be on my bench before the end of the year,

DM
Without order and without a goal, six million people unarmed and unprovisioned, driving headlong. It was the beginning of the rout of civilisation, of the massacre of mankind.
Forever Autumn, War of the Worlds.