Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Blu

Re: Your choice of defence post apocalypse?

#21 Post by Blu »

Chuck wrote:blu's missus sent him to Walmart again by the sound of it......half way through reloading.
Sorry Chuck but I never use Walmart, I did however go to Miejers to get food for the hounds.
dodgyrog
Home club or Range: Three Counties Sporting Club & Gardners Guns

#22 Post by dodgyrog »

Blu wrote:You want to see the Walking/Brain Dead up close then just take a visit to your local supermarket, they're everywhere and usually female. zzzzom

For me it would be my Sig 522 and my S&W 22A .22 Pistol along with my trusty machete.

Blu :twisted:
It's true! I had to go into Sunderland's Asda yesterday - There were some AWFUL women (and some men) there.
Good manners were not evident!
The overwhelming odds demanded a quick retreat.
Purveyor of fine cast boolits.
All round good guy and VERY grumpy old man.
Blackstuff
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#23 Post by Blackstuff »

.22lr S/A for zzzzom zombies, no question. (GSG-5 is what i have available) Does everything you need it to damage-wise, can be suppressed, fast repeat shots for close quarters encounters, you can carry 1000's of rounds and its the most common rifle calibre in this country. :good:

For SHTF 'zombies' imo there isn't a UK civvie legal single gun that would cover all eventualities so i'd want something with more range but not too heavy, so my Steyr AUG and if on foot the GSG-5 when you need a bit of 'spray n pray' action, or if at a fixed location/in a vehicle a hi-cap shotgun. Wouldn't use a 12b if on foot as ammo is too heavy, and wouldn't use against zzzzom as i don't want to get covered with infected blood :o
DVC
Chuck

#24 Post by Chuck »

a .410 slug to the head will suffice in most cases.....much lighter to carry too...and you can get semi auto...
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
zzr1100

#25 Post by zzr1100 »

Knife, katana, bow, 1911 in .45, shotgun, .308 rifle ... Oh yeah .. Claymore mines .. Can I have claymore mines ??
enfielddream

#26 Post by enfielddream »

In regard to Scotsgun reply that handguns are a waste of time and lack punch and range, I beg to differ. A great choice would be a Tokarev pistol, in particular the Yugoslavian M57 Tok. The 7.62x25 round is a fast stepping and hard hitting round -some recent loads from Wolf Gold clock out at 1722 fps. The Tokarev has the nickname of the "pocket rifle" because it is so flat shooting. Here in the States 7.62x25 is now very hard to get because of "panic buying", how available is that round in Great Britain? I would of course also have with me a AR-15 5.56 with a Beta 100 round C mag.
zzr1100

#27 Post by zzr1100 »

Come to think of it ... The keys to the nearest police or MOD armoury would be a very good start !!
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#28 Post by meles meles »

zzr1100 wrote:Come to think of it ... The keys to the nearest police or MOD armoury would be a very good start !!

Wouldn't the plod arsenal be almost guaranteed to be full of mindless automata ?
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
zzr1100

#29 Post by zzr1100 »

It's full of them PRE apocalypse !
ordnance

#30 Post by ordnance »

Has it to be something we actually have access to or can we make it up.
how available is that round in Great Britain?
It wouldn't be a popular round as handguns are difficult to get unless you live in N Ireland and its not a round I have seen on the ranges here.
Last edited by ordnance on Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.