Glock British Army

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

ordnance

Re: Glock British Army

#21 Post by ordnance »

As for the Army Glock no sharp sticky out bits to snag on other kit of if stuffed in jacket pocket. No safety to take off in a panic easy to clean and works in dusty sandy areas as well as mud.
Stuffing a Glock in your pocket is one sure way to shoot yourself. No safety to take of is one of the reasons so many people shoot themselves with them.
DaveB
Home club or Range: Wellington Service Rifle Assocaition; NZ Deerstalkers Association; Wairarapa Pistol & Shooting Sports Club

#22 Post by DaveB »

toffe wrapper wrote: I think it was the Swiss who had BTHP bullets approved for service use. The US army may have had a little internal issue with the 175 sniper round and over eager JAG lawyer but that may be rumour.TW
Yes the US had some problems with an over-eager and ill-informed JAG officer - I believe it was in Afghanistan, which caused some real problems until the right information was identified. In fact the BTHP Match rounds had been approved for use - I have copies of the paperwork. Several countries now approve BTHP, or 'Open-Tip Match' (the preferred terminology to avoid confusing the ill-informed) ammunition as compliant with the Hague Convention.

Don't care for Glock myself - it would not have been my choice. I like steel frames and external safeties!
Chuck

#23 Post by Chuck »

No safety to take of is one of the reasons so many people shoot themselves with them.
Some would day lousy handling skills and general "carelessness" to be the cause. tesnews
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
ordnance

#24 Post by ordnance »

Some would day lousy handling skills and general "carelessness" to be the cause.
What like stuffing it in your pocket, unfortunately when dealing with human beings they are carless, a safety catch is an extra layer of safety. You cain't even buy power tools without a safety catch of some description. But there are of course some perfect people that don't make mistakes. :roll:
Chuck

#25 Post by Chuck »

Well so far I haven't shot myself with any Glock and for that matter, neither have the Swiss Army (100% safety record these last 10 years or so apparently) but there are those who abdicate safety to mechanical devices rather than using their brains and learning to use tools properly. :roll:

Accidents happen and relying on a safety is a way of making sure they do! Of course lack of/poor/no training is also a factor as is familiarity breeding contempt!

Stuffing guns in pockets and down ones crotch/asscrack is of course just asking for trouble.
ASS BLOWN AWAY.jpg
Firearms-Safety.jpg
DIY Gun training.jpg
Political Correctness is the language of lies, written by the corrupt , spoken by the inept!
ordnance

#26 Post by ordnance »

Swiss Army (100% safety record these last 10 years or so apparently
10 Years are you sure ?
The Swiss Army began their search for a new duty pistol in 2009,Swiss Special ForInitially, several suppliers were invited to provide pistols and accessories. With this decision, initial orders in 2012 will go to supply the ces units, provided the Swiss Parliament has approved the proposed budget
toffe wrapper

#27 Post by toffe wrapper »

The POS BHP was on occasion stuffed in a jacket pocket on ops so do not imply I will shoot myself by doing so because I never did. I have also done the same with a Glock and guess what no ND or holes in me.

TW
meles meles
Home club or Range: HBSA

#28 Post by meles meles »

Yet...
Badger
CEO (Chief Excavatin' Officer)
Badger Korporashun

Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur.
"Quelle style, so British"
toffe wrapper

#29 Post by toffe wrapper »

And never will as I do not carry a pistol anymore. Also did I say with a round chambered no just stuffed in a pocket.
ordnance

#30 Post by ordnance »

The POS BHP was on occasion stuffed in a jacket pocket on ops so do not imply I will shoot myself by doing so because I never did. I have also done the same with a Glock and guess what no ND or holes in me.
I was implying if you had a round in the chamber. I have steered the car with my knees at times, it must be safe as I haven't had any accidents doing it.