Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

Anything muzzle loading in here. Old and new, rifles, shotguns, pistols and even cannons!

Moderator: dromia

SuddenlyMinotaurs

Re: Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

#21 Post by SuddenlyMinotaurs »

Right. Excuse any errors in this post: I just got-off a 12-hour night shift, and I can barely keep my eyes open. My exhausted state was also partially due to getting up at 6am, to attend my first Bristol Muzzle Loaders shoot, rather than the smart move, which would have been to stay in bed until mid-afternoon, before the all-nighter.

I regret nothing, however. I was treated to the beautiful Yoxter weather - i.e. that gross mist-rain that gets everything damp. However, the day was more than made by some of the lovely folks I met there - the Stubbs' made me feel very welcome, and were excellent hosts, and everyone else was very generous with their own firearms and ammunition. I tried to be responsible, but my wallet feels an awful lot lighter than it did, before the day's shooting! 8-)

Sadly no pictures, right now, as I thought it a bit cheeky to ask to photograph the shoot, on top of everybody's generosity, but I'll certainly post some from my next shoot (probably complete with me and a cheshire-cat grin!)

Thanks for all the advice, chaps - I had a great day, and I'll definitely be shooting with them again! Perhaps I'll actually hit something with the .308, next time (I'll lay-off the .223, though - one doesn't like to show off!) ;)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to collapse in a heap in my bed, until the painful reality of my adult responsibilities drag me off to work again. ****
dave_303

Re: Muzzle Loading in/around Bristol?

#22 Post by dave_303 »

It was good to see you there, sorry I didn't have chance to lend you my 91/30 due to the way firing parties worked out.

Hope to see you at B&D week after next.

For those who have never shot/seen Yoxter, it's an Army Reserve range in the Mendips, really nice range to be honest.

From the 400mard point

600mards