New target rifle... thoughts?

Anything Fullbore rifle related, Hunting, Target, Match.

Moderator: dromia

Ovenpaa

Re: New target rifle... thoughts?

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

Welcome back to a wet England. I suspect we will be needing our waterproofs at some point over the next two weeks as well.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Ovenpaa

#22 Post by Ovenpaa »

Ah, just found a write up on a thrust bearing modification that looks nice as well, I will have an experiment with a few different methods and see which gives the best result.

Mr_logic, if you decide to go with a Savage Stuart is back in the Country and I know how to reduce the bolt lift weight. I may even make a few sets of thrust races and spacers up so the screw does not need to be machined back in case anyone wants a set.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#23 Post by 1066 »

ovenpaa wrote:
1066 wrote:The heavy bolt lift often associated with Savages can easily be fixed with a simple modification.
out of interest do you have any details of the modification?
The first one I did I added the centre pivot and shortened the bolt screw to keep the internal spring pressure and length the same. The second one I made a spacer up so no modification of the bolt screw is required.
TARGETMASTER
an altogether better trickler
www.targetmasteruk.com
Sim G

#24 Post by Sim G »

ovenpaa wrote:I know how to reduce the bolt lift weight.
Really.....? Bolt lift weight? Some people are at real risk of having "man points" deducted....... :55:
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!