Conditions of use

All things shotgun related.

Moderator: dromia

Porcupine

Re: Conditions of use

#21 Post by Porcupine »

Sandgroper wrote:See the last three or so posts from this thread http://www.full-bore.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... 9&start=10
That would seem to dismiss the idea that the Taurus Judge is illegal. Smooth bore revolver guns are S5 (Street Sweeper etc) but rifled revolver guns are S1 (Taurus LBR, Mateba carbine etc); what ammunition they shoot doesn't come into it.

Also just to make an addition to the linked topic: Rifled barrel for a Winchester 1887 anyone??? If you could get to working the lever while prone it'd be the perfect target shotgun.
Sim G

#22 Post by Sim G »

Porcupine wrote: Also just to make an addition to the linked topic: Rifled barrel for a Winchester 1887 anyone??? If you could get to working the lever while prone it'd be the perfect target shotgun.

And, you could have the barrel as short as practical. 24"/40" refers to S2 and S1 semi and pump, not lever....
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Porcupine

#23 Post by Porcupine »

Indeed! And speaking of which:

Ovenpaa

#24 Post by Ovenpaa »

The stainless take down....... I could be tempted.
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#25 Post by Sandgroper »

A Mare's Leg shotgun, whatever next! :lol:
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.
Porcupine

#26 Post by Porcupine »

At least 21 years old now!

Sim G

#27 Post by Sim G »

"The Mares Leg" is available as S.1 in the UK....

http://www.westernshootingsupplies.com/page3.htm (scroll half way down)
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Porcupine

#28 Post by Porcupine »

Many American companies are making them now (Rossi, Henry Repeating Arms, Taylor & Co, JB Custom, Wild West Guns etc). All the ones I've seen have 12" barrels at least and come in a variety of calibers including .22 (which is what I'll be looking at I think) and even .45-70! Should be easy to import since they're considered sporting arms so there won't be any problems exporting on the US side.

Next on my list of wildly impractical toys that go bang is a straight-pull underfolding AK so I can shoot it like a pistol. The new side-folders just aren't the same.
saddler

#29 Post by saddler »

Porcupine wrote:Next on my list of wildly impractical toys that go bang is a straight-pull underfolding AK so I can shoot it like a pistol. The new side-folders just aren't the same.
A mate in the local club has a nice Russian made .223 AK74 look-a-like that is straight pull, side folding stock, etc.

Let me know if you'd like more info.
Sandgroper
Full-Bore UK Supporter

#30 Post by Sandgroper »

Sim G wrote:"The Mares Leg" is available as S.1 in the UK....

http://www.westernshootingsupplies.com/page3.htm (scroll half way down)
Don't tell my wife! fingerscrossed

My shortened Winchester was going to be Mares Leg, but I convinced her that it was going to be too front heavy for her to shoot as a pistol. She only very reluctantly agreed, so it's now a very handy carbine. :good:
Attachments
357WIN.jpg
“The standard you walk past is the standard you accept.”

Lieutenant General David Morrison

I plink, therefore I shoot.