Generators.....advice please

If we entered a time of Civil Unrest/Armageddon/Zombie Attacking, what would we do?

Moderator: dromia

Forum rules
Emergency planning regarding communication, water/food supply, shelter, equipment, transport and of course what guns to have with us!
Ovenpaa

Re: Generators.....advice please

#21 Post by Ovenpaa »

Could be down a variety of things, first option has to be bung it in the back of the car, pop down to your local motor rewind company and ask them to check it over, they should not charge for the check and it will give you a good idea of what you are up against. Just ask them for a price to fix it.... ;)
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#22 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:Could be down a variety of things, first option has to be bung it in the back of the car, pop down to your local motor rewind company and ask them to check it over, they should not charge for the check and it will give you a good idea of what you are up against. Just ask them for a price to fix it.... ;)

Dave..

Thanks for that, I think that was the way I had decided to go. at the moment the machine is with a chum. A retired chap who Is knowledgeable on most things technical. But I think he will probably agree with your advice.

Jenks.

Bye the bye..... I love the log splitter.. :good: Off out tomorrow morning to pick up another load of fallen Ash & Hazel. Mind you it does gall me that I have no room to store 'Green timber.' I might make an exception for some Hawthorn that I have spotted. I also managed to pick up some fallen Yew that was well seasoned and dry (ish). IMHO the very best of wood for burning on a stove, Once the stove is hot it burns just like coal..

Jenks
Ovenpaa

#23 Post by Ovenpaa »

On the subject of log splitters...

Jeremy Whines had someone on yesterday that had come across a fallen tree blocking the road so he had whipped out Thor the mighty chainsaw and chopped it up and neatly stacked it either side of the road. He contact Whines to to see where he stood legally regarding taking the wood he had cut up so a legal bod was called in and the answer.....

No way! The wood is privately owned and he had no right to it even though he had opened the road up again off his own back. They did discuss council owned land, if a tree falls over as a rates payer can you take it? Of course the answer again was no way so the bottom line is if you see a tree or branch down on the verge you are breaking the law if you tidy it up or take it.

We live in a funny old world.........
/d

Du lytter aldrig til de ord jeg siger. Du ser mig kun for det tøj jeg har paa ...

Shed Journal
Jenks

#24 Post by Jenks »

ovenpaa wrote:On the subject of log splitters...

Jeremy Whines had someone on yesterday that had come across a fallen tree blocking the road so he had whipped out Thor the mighty chainsaw and chopped it up and neatly stacked it either side of the road. He contact Whines to to see where he stood legally regarding taking the wood he had cut up so a legal bod was called in and the answer.....

No way! The wood is privately owned and he had no right to it even though he had opened the road up again off his own back. They did discuss council owned land, if a tree falls over as a rates payer can you take it? Of course the answer again was no way so the bottom line is if you see a tree or branch down on the verge you are breaking the law if you tidy it up or take it.

Indeed we do live in a funny old world. Two policemen have come across me whilst out scavenging fallen timber, neither gave me any grief. I will continue until challenged. If someone does challenge me, then I will ask for proof of his right to do so (Identity.) If satisfied he has the right to do so then I will stack the wood from whence it came. If he can't prove who he is I will tell him politely to FCUK OFF. He can take my vehicle number. and prosecute me. If he wishes so to do.

Jenks.
Polchraine

#25 Post by Polchraine »

ovenpaa wrote:On the subject of log splitters...

Not in all place ... there are two acres of registered common land and any one resident in the parish may graze cows or collect firewood (and a few other things) on there. A couple of years back two neighbours were collecting fallen logs and the council appeared and told them to stop. I told the council to prove that they were breaking te law and the final response a few weeks later was, as I knew, that collecting wood is entirely legal.

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine."
- Abraham Lincoln

Why did kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

God loves stupid people, that is why he made so many of them.
Dellboy
Full-Bore UK Supporter
Home club or Range: Star Shooting Club

#26 Post by Dellboy »

mate of mine uses one of these
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3STrRO6c ... re=related

but once warm it runs on filtered waste veg oil

noisy though
2020 GOOD DEALS WITH

Cutch Vortex Scope
Mauserbill Enfield Books

Enjoy today as tomorrow might not come .

Noli pati a scelestis opprimi.