Sig Sauer P226 LBP

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

Sixshot6

Re: Sig Sauer P226 LBP

#241 Post by Sixshot6 »

Lee B wrote:As long as the rounds line up when they reach the feed ramp I guess it's not too important what they do beforehand :)
Valid point though, I'd never really thought too much about magazine design.
One thing I have noticed, SIGs don't seem to like light loads, when new my .22 kit would only cycle with mini-mags and still, three years on, it works better with the higher velocity ammunition, using the 9mm it prefers powder charges to the higher rather than the lower figures in the reloading tables and with lighter loads failing to cycle the action properly.
Never thought of that. I guess its why LBP's like the buckmark, Stockade products Ruger and other built from the ground up 22's, whereas 22's built on center fire frames require HI velocity ammo to get them going.
safetyfirst

#242 Post by safetyfirst »

Again, the k22 can run on subsonic rounds, a suppressed version is available too. That's a 9mm frame.

Honestly, I've no vested interest here, just putting the facts on the table.
Sixshot6

#243 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:Again, the k22 can run on subsonic rounds, a suppressed version is available too. That's a 9mm frame.

Honestly, I've no vested interest here, just putting the facts on the table.
That reminds out of all the different police forces, who on here actually has an FEO that allows moderators for use during target shooting?
Lee B

#244 Post by Lee B »

I thought moderators ceased to be effective after a couple of shots, is that no longer the case?
A bit academic though, if the cops here find us in possession of a barrel threaded to take a moderator it's instant revocation of licence and possibly a prison sentence. In theory anyway, in practice they're pretty laid back and anyway have bigger better guns than us!
Sixshot6

#245 Post by Sixshot6 »

Lee B wrote:I thought moderators ceased to be effective after a couple of shots, is that no longer the case?
A bit academic though, if the cops here find us in possession of a barrel threaded to take a moderator it's instant revocation of licence and possibly a prison sentence. In theory anyway, in practice they're pretty laid back and anyway have bigger better guns than us!
Also a thread could also be a brake and moderator technology has come on in years too.
safetyfirst

#246 Post by safetyfirst »

Supressors work fine for countless shots. Some new cans tend to shoot quieter once they're dirty in fact.

In the UK we see them as health and safety devices, not tools for assassination.

No idea on the LBP target suppressor situation, though as its integral, it wouldn't even show up as being suppressed I don't think, just a long barrelled pistol. Might be wrong though.

I've heard of someone with an LBP for vermin though.
Sixshot6

#247 Post by Sixshot6 »

One question. What does anyone think is the best way to make a lever release/mars action 9mm or 45? I cant see anything legally wrong and being the same as any other long gun. I got thinking about it. So what does anyone else think? Especially those with more legal grounding.
safetyfirst

#248 Post by safetyfirst »

There was a tanfoglio pistol that promised that. Saw it at the Phoenix about three years ago in fact. Think the project died.
Sixshot6

#249 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:There was a tanfoglio pistol that promised that. Saw it at the Phoenix about three years ago in fact. Think the project died.
I actually heard from someone close to Starley about what killed it. Some people on here mentioned legal stuff and some unhelpful forces. But the dealer who I talked to told me it was mostly technical issues, issues with Tanfoglio supplying parts and Pete Starley thinking I'm too old for this, lets go off for semi-retirement. I know some people still mention the police issues but I suspect although we don't realize that there is a big dollop of case law and the likes that go more in favor of one being sold. It seemed too much trouble in the end. I guess its just a case of finding someone willing to put the time and effort in to do it.
joe

#250 Post by joe »

with the advent of the MARS rifle its only a matter of time that a MARS or Lever release pistol will be produced at some point !
however, which is better ? a start / stop centre fire pistol or semi auto .22lr only lbp such as a sig ?