Sig Sauer P226 LBP

24" and less, a place to discuss all things handgun related, section 7.3. Long barrelled revolvers, long barrelled pistols and section 5. Overseas contributions are more than welcome.

Moderator: dromia

BamBam

Re: Sig Sauer P226 LBP

#271 Post by BamBam »

Beretta 92 doesn't have a rotating barrel, it's a locking block barrel like the Walther P-38. You're possibly thinking of the Beretta Px4 and Cougar which do have rotating barrels.
joe

#272 Post by joe »

BamBam wrote:Beretta 92 doesn't have a rotating barrel, it's a locking block barrel like the Walther P-38. You're possibly thinking of the Beretta Px4 and Cougar which do have rotating barrels.

s*** your right, i stand corrected i would love to have a p38 in my collection though !
Sim G

#273 Post by Sim G »

BamBam wrote: the Beretta Px4 and Cougar which do have rotating barrels.
And chuck the MAB P15 in there too....!
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6

#274 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:
BamBam wrote: the Beretta Px4 and Cougar which do have rotating barrels.
And chuck the MAB P15 in there too....!
What about the 1911. I just checked but it seems rotating versions exist as that prototype (lever release) from years ago must have been?
ordnance

#275 Post by ordnance »

What about the 1911. I just checked but it seems rotating versions exist as that prototype (lever release) from years ago must have been
Not sure check the video. The 1911 went through a lot of development and versions.
Development of the Model 1911 Pistol - YouTube
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgOicEVA4u8
Sim G

#276 Post by Sim G »

Sixshot6 wrote: What about the 1911. I just checked but it seems rotating versions exist as that prototype (lever release) from years ago must have been?

Are you referring to the Mexican Obregon? That was a .45 ACP that resembled the 1911, but did base its internal design on early Steyr Hann which also used a rotating barrels. The concept of a rotating barrel wasn't widely accepted as it was very expensive to manufacture. Beretta ressurected the design because modern manufacturing lends itself now and really, there are a plethora of polymer framed, modified Browning locking guns on the market...
In 1978 I was told by my grand dad that the secret to rifle accuracy is, a quality bullet, fired down a quality barrel..... How has that changed?

Guns dont kill people. Dads with pretty Daughters do...!
Sixshot6

#277 Post by Sixshot6 »

Sim G wrote:
Sixshot6 wrote: What about the 1911. I just checked but it seems rotating versions exist as that prototype (lever release) from years ago must have been?

Are you referring to the Mexican Obregon? That was a .45 ACP that resembled the 1911, but did base its internal design on early Steyr Hann which also used a rotating barrels. The concept of a rotating barrel wasn't widely accepted as it was very expensive to manufacture. Beretta ressurected the design because modern manufacturing lends itself now and really, there are a plethora of polymer framed, modified Browning locking guns on the market...
So it all comes back to the grandpower being the most suitable host then? This has escalated quickly.
joe

#278 Post by joe »

Sixshot6 wrote:
Sim G wrote:

So it all comes back to the grandpower being the most suitable host then? This has escalated quickly.

Yes I would say so, also they have built UK spec (.22lr lbp) pistols ! However I don't think it can be a MARS system as that was made by chez small arms company so they wouldnt be too happy !
safetyfirst

#279 Post by safetyfirst »

Perhaps six shot means the best people to design and bring one to market would be Caledonian?
Sixshot6

#280 Post by Sixshot6 »

safetyfirst wrote:Perhaps six shot means the best people to design and bring one to market would be Caledonian?
That is what I meant. Scott designed the system so is free to take it to whoever he wants. I've had this argument a few times with people whether the law will let it fly and I point out that with that thinking we wouldn't even have LBPs/LBRs/Lever releases/MARS firearms in the first place.

So its at the very least worth a try. I'm not so keen on bugging Scott all the time as he seems busy at the moment so I don't know if anyone got to ask him at Phoenix and find out what could be done. I did mention it to him a while back and he thought it was doable.